Fellow Insanity Peeps

Options
Hello!

I'm currently in my third week of Insanity. Doing well... Everyday I am soooooo sore- but it's a good sore. I haven't lost that much weight but my body is changing.

Kinda scared for the next month :D

How are you doing?

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Im on my first week of Month 2.....Whew! Girl enjoy Month 1. Month 2 is no joke, its much longer and higher intensity...lol..Good luck, but u can do it!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    thinking about starting it monday.
  • NayaP
    NayaP Posts: 46
    Options
    Starting week 2 next week. SORE but looking forward to seeing the changes I'm already starting to feel. Tried Insanity previously and never made it through to finish the 60 days. Have a partner this time and it's been SUCH a help to keep me focused and pressing through to the end of each workout. Insanity is tough but really good:) My only issue had been trying to figure out exactly how many calories I'm burning for each workout (I've googled it and everyone reports dramatically different results). Are u tracking cals burned?
  • Kittylpz
    Kittylpz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats , everyone on digging deeper ! I am on day 5 of Insanity & I have already lost 2 lbs. I also jog 2-3 miles every day in addition to the workouts. I plan on buying a HRM since I have no idea how many calories I am burning. It would be nice to hear some suggestions for a reliable heart rate monitor. Any suggestions peeps? Feel free to friend me so we can keep each other motivated :)

Current WT: 181 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congrats , everyone on digging deeper ! I am on day 5 of Insanity & I have already lost 2 lbs. I also jog 2-3 miles every day in addition to the workouts. I plan on buying a HRM since I have no idea how many calories I am burning. It would be nice to hear some suggestions for a reliable heart rate monitor. Any suggestions peeps? Feel free to friend me so we can keep each other motivated :)

Current WT: 181 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs

I just joined a local running club in my town (Green Bay Wisconsin) and the most popular HRM is the Garmin 305. It tracks miles/pace, and heart rate. I just ordered one today. $128 on amazon.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT 4!

I started Insanity a few weeks ago and ran into personal issues so I had to stop. I am restarting on Monday.
  • MyaA
    MyaA Posts: 87
    Options
    hey guys....i just finished week 3...i'm pretty pleased with myself...no weight loss, but i saw the difference in what i could do after my second fit test and i'm excited to see what my 3rd will reveal!

I use a Polar as well, LOVE it! I need some buddies to keep me going - month 2 scares me - so please feel free to friend me! :)
  • dnjohns
    dnjohns Posts: 2
    Options
    I am doing the last 2 days of recovery week on Monday, I have a weird work schedule so I am just going to do one day in the morning when I get off work then that night. Then i start month 2 of insanity, whoever has started it, how is it?
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    Started on Monday. Very sore, but I sit on my butt all day at work so this was expected.

And I log it as "step-ups, vigorious" in MFP. I have no idea of that is right. But on the cardio recovery day, I logged it as "yoga" because I know I didn't burn that many calories.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    What's up MFP and fellow Insanity freaks...lol. I just finished week three and down 10lbs because Shaun T leaves me in a pool of sweat. I love Insanity and the results it has brought so far. I wanted to invite everyone to my Facebook group. We are a bunch of P90X and Insanity junkies and if you are new and have questions, we are there for support. If you are on Facebook, look me up and add me as a friend (Wade Bond). Put Insanity Freak in the friends request so I know why the friends request...see you all there.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 Monday, and I am extremely sore as well, but I have to say I do love it!!! I have to modify some of the jumps because I recently tore my meniscus and had surgery, but the dr says go for it. I haven't lost pounds, but I do see a difference!!! :bigsmile: I'm looking into getting a heart rate monitor to help with logging the calories. How does everyone log Insanity under exercise if they do not have one??? I feel that I'm burning way more than it says on MFP.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    question for you all, okay the reason i am choosing insaniy over px though will probably a some time do hat too, is i have other vids by shawn t and just love his personality.

i know this is a more intense workout then some of hose others, but does his sense of humor and personality sill show?
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 Monday, and I am extremely sore as well, but I have to say I do love it!!! I have to modify some of the jumps because I recently tore my meniscus and had surgery, but the dr says go for it. I haven't lost pounds, but I do see a difference!!! :bigsmile: I'm looking into getting a heart rate monitor to help with logging the calories. How does everyone log Insanity under exercise if they do not have one??? I feel that I'm burning way more than it says on MFP.

Yes, it does...but more in a punishment, I am going push you till to sweat a gallon...lol
  • MyaA
    MyaA Posts: 87
    Options
    yup....i mean it's more subtle, but it's still there...i do insanity too because other than enjoying the program, i enjoy his personality and that makes a difference for me :)