Most accurate scale?

Options
Hi everyone, I have a cheapo old school scale that is okay (it tells me what I weigh!), but to make myself feel like I'm making real progress, I'd like to see more accurate results. What scale do you use? Thank you!

Replies

• emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale. I won't buy one because I think I'd get a little OCD with weighing myself!! Hey- at least I admit it! Anyway when I weigh myself I go to walmart and use their digital scales...nothin fancy! Every scale is bound to weigh you a little differently so when you are tracking your weight it's good to go by the same scale you started with..

I think the most accurate scales would probably be the ones you get weighed on at the dr office (the new digital ones)...not everyone can dump hundreds of dollars on a fancy scale tho!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Our gym had a digital scale when we first started going there. It was the only scale I used since I was only weighing once a week. Well, suddenly that scale disappeared and was replaced with a scale that a) gives errors half the time b) says I weigh 5lbs more than the old scale. Decided I wanted a more reliable scale for home. I decided to get a cheapy analog scale. It shows me the same weight as the original digital at the gym and is 5lbs lighter than the one at the gym now. I do wish I had gotten one with larger numbers on it - sometimes I have to have someone else read it to me since the lines for 1-4 and 6-9 are quite tiny. But, overall I like it better than digital scales.
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    I bought a scale like the doctors use. I wanted the most accurate as well. I will say it is really accurate. I bought it from AMAZON.COM. it is a Detecto and I think i paid $150 for it.
  • Psyche3838
    Psyche3838 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit... and it makes it fun! :flowerforyou:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale like the doctors use. I wanted the most accurate as well. I will say it is really accurate. I bought it from AMAZON.COM. it is a Detecto and I think i paid $150 for it.

The doctor's office scale is usually the most accurate. I've had a couple home scales and they undershoot my weight by as much as 20lbs.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There is one by Conair at Target which is flaunted as being good by weight watchers for around $25. It tells me I am lighter than the old school, abacus style scale at my gym by 3-5 lbs.
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with the wii fit scale, iv'e heard stories that it isnt accurate but it seems ok to me and stick to the same scale...if i weigh myself elsewhere i always get a diiferent reading which disapoints sometimes!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I bought this scale from amazon.com when it was on sale for 20$!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MK6QKO

It is normally a 65$ scale... and it is super accurate (I tested it against my gym's scale which is like a 1000 dollar scale and its accurate within .2lbs) The only catch is....it is accurate on a hard flat surface. and on carpeting it gets thrown off...even low lying carpeting so if you don't have a hard flat surface it wont work for you!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have the eatsmart scale as well but the slightly cheaper model from the one dino linked. Its only 28 bucks
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KXZ808

Its reviewed REALLY well on there so.
  • livesthere
    livesthere Posts: 71
    Options
    I bought this scale from amazon.com when it was on sale for 20$!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MK6QKO

It is normally a 65$ scale... and it is super accurate (I tested it against my gym's scale which is like a 1000 dollar scale and its accurate within .2lbs) The only catch is....it is accurate on a hard flat surface. and on carpeting it gets thrown off...even low lying carpeting so if you don't have a hard flat surface it wont work for you!

Nice! I like that, thank you! :)
  • livesthere
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I get slightly obsessive with the scale, but I don't freak out if I gain a pound I just want to know that what I'm working for is paying off! I'm very motivated by numbers, which is why the myfitnesspal thing has been working so well for me already. :)
  • livesthere
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit... and it makes it fun! :flowerforyou:

I wish I hadn't sold my Wii! :ohwell:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    don't forget ifyou switch scales it will throw your weight loss out of whack - week to week weightloss is relative so getting a new scale will mean the change in numbers that week will be unreliable.