screw the clothing industry!

lachicadelfuego
lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
* Begin rant* All I freakin needed was something nice to wear to the viewing for a close friend of mine that died two days ago. I have lost 20 pounds and none of my nice clothes fit anymore. Four hours and several stores later, I am still without something because I can't find anything that would fit a real person. Everything is either a size catered to barbie or made way too big for me now. Where are the damn in between sizes?! Isn't enough that the occasion for which I am shopping is traumatic? I give up. For today the stores win. I will dress in the best I have in my closet and honor him the best way I know how. *end rant*

Replies

• HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

I know what you mean about the clothes. It seems that everytime I need to buy some clothes, it's for a special occasion of some sort... wedding, party, date, etc. But when I go to buy something that I can afford (for me that's a big issue) I can't find anything flattering. I can find tiny clothes or a tent. Errrr.... and being so disappointed in how I saw myself in the stores dressing room mirrors with those clothes can sometimes make my weightloss journey suffer.
    I hope you are able to make something you already have, work. I found that with some scissors and a tiny tiny bit of sewing, I can make my horribly loose fitting pants look a bit better in the waist than just wearing a belt to keep them up. I also found that layering some tops looked better than just wearing 1 too large of top. Plus I put on more jewelry. It makes me feel better even if I don't look much better LOL
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    I can't find pants that fit without a stupid gap in the back that shows your underwear off, I have tried to address the problem and I get told have them tailored. Who the heck wants to pay for tailoring on top of the cost of the pants. Why can't we buy them and have them fit.
  • The clothing industry takes the measurements of a very skinny person for their smallest size and then ups each measurement a few inches, making their sizes unreal to larger people, as fat tends to be gained in different deposits and not spread equally throughout the body. I know how badly it sucks ): I hate it when pants will fit perfectly around my legs by I can't get them to zip up, or how shirts will be great until I attempt to get them over my boobs. (haha, I said boobs.)

I really hate the clothing industry, too. At least a lot of the time.
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you Hollie.

What was super frustrating was mostly that sizes that are too big in some stores I couldn't even zip in others. I would be happier if there was a universal sizing chart.
This discussion has been closed.