Low Sugar Popcicles - Greek Yogurt & Berries

Options
MightyMae1
MightyMae1 Posts: 208
I admit it: I have a sweet tooth like mad. I can't help myself. But, recently I was told that I am dangerously close to developing diabetes and I have vowed to find a way to satisfy my sweet tooth while losing weight and eating less sugar.

Today I made this recipe. It made about 16 popcicles in my little kid sized jello pudding pop plasticware. It would also make a great breakfast shake really.

Dannon Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt (1lb container = 16 oz, 453g)
1/2 cup skim milk
10 medium strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 can Ocean Spray cranberry sauce w/ whole cranberries

They are delicious! The cranberry sauce didn't add a whole lot of sugar but made them sweet instead of tart. Each one comes out to about 53 calories and only 10 g sugar once I plugged it all into the recipe feature on MFP! Most of the sugar there is natural sugars anyway, so I don't mind that at all. Just thought I would share.

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    *bump* Sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing!!! :drinker:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Those sound perfect for summer! I tried a different recipe one time and ended up throwing out the whole batch - it used sugar-free yogurt, you know, the kind with artificial sweetener which overpowered all other flavors, yuck. Your recipe sounds excellent, thanks so much. I'll give it try!
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Now, I will say this: I LOVE cranberries, so maybe you want only 1/2 can of cranberry sauce....I'd start with less and then you can always put in more.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
    What an excellent recipe!!! wow, will definitely have to try this. thanks!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    just bought the berries yesterday going back to get yogurt and Popsicle holders and cranberries. I thought of pureeing the berries in a food processor and then fold it into the yogurt to get a good mixture. thanks again.
  • el_crtss
    el_crtss Posts: 13
    Options
    Sounds delicious
    !!!! Thank you for sharing!!