bathing suit question...

Options
I am 5'7" and a half, 155 lbs, and 19% body fat. However when i get compliments from the hubs, friends and family sometimes i feel like i believe them when they say i look great and sometimes i dont, depending on how i feel about myself that day. This will not be helpful in picking a bathing suit. So i had an idea, when i get down to my goal weight, i plan on buying a new bathing suit and i know that not all styles are complimentary to every type of body. So i was thinking about taking test pictures and posting them to a. see which is best suited for my body type, and b. to see what REAL thoughts would cross your mind of you say, saw me at the beach or pool. I know that we can all be judgemental, whether it be in our head or aloud and i want to know that if i show up somewhere and you saw me, what you would really think. im talkin real, uncensored, uncut, no sugar coated, honesty. This is just an idea but i thought i might throw it out there and see how well recieved the idea is. :smile:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    uh. You get an A+for courage :laugh:
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    happy to help
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    who cares it is u who has to wear it ...
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you want to. But it just sounds like you have common body image issues, as many, if not ALL women do.

Sounds unnecessary as you're well within a healthy range for your height but if you think it will help you then I guess go for it.
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it can be, happy to help.
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    thanks all for the feedback! granted i would still like to lose the 5 lbs before this happens and the pics alone will be hard for me to do but hopefully it all works out. :blushing:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    We are the same height and weight, so I am SURE you look amazing. :tongue:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I think it would be fun.
    I am sure you will look terrific but I agree....some suits flatter better than others.

You are so close to your goal AWESOME!
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful so you shouldn't worry about that. One thing you should remember is personal comfort, do you feel attractive in the suit , do you like it? Confidence is such a huge part of swim suit business.

There are some really cool retro suits out now that are available in both two and one pieces. Or tankini and there are so many different types you can get them as skimmpy or modest as you want.
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am very curious to see how this experiment turns out. I'm also 5'7 and 154 lbs trying to find the right suit. Hopefully you will gove me some suit ideas!!