Asparagus Mushroom Fritatta

leanan21
leanan21 Posts: 13
edited September 29 in Recipes
Asparagus and mushrooms are my favorite, but I'm going to try trading asparagus for broccoli once asparagus season is totally over.

Ingredients:
3 whole large eggs
6 large egg whites
1 medium yellow onion, diced
8 oz white or cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
10 oz asparagus spears, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces (smaller if you have really thick spears)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt
pepper

Steps:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, cook diced onion until soft.
3. While onions are cooking, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Boil asparagus pieces for 2-3 minutes, just until they turn bright green.
4. When onions have softened, add mushrooms to the skillet and cook until slightly soft.
5. When the asparagus is done, drain and add to the skillet. Saute for a minute and then turn off the burner.
6. Whisk eggs, egg whites in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Give the skillet a few shakes to evenly distribute the eggs in the vegetables.
8. Pop skillet into the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the egg is set on top. Let cool slightly before slicing.

If divided into three servings, each piece has 215 calories (per recipe calculator).

Replies

• tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Sounds lovely, thanks for sharing!
    I also like a fritatta with courgette and peppers!
This discussion has been closed.