Introducing myself ... and seeing if my ticker thingy works!

Options
Well, Hi there. My friend introduced me to this website and I started yesterday. It's so cool that it's free, and sort of like a social network too.

Well, I'm a 52 year old woman who has just really been naughty and let myself go. Ick. I want to lose 24 pounds. I've tried about a million times. So we'll see how this goes.

Kim

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]8900484.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Log on everyday and take it slow. Educate yourself on healthy foods and try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and fresh meats and fish. Cook for youself. Don't buy thing that are going to tempt you. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. Get healthy snacks. Read the lables and watch PORTIONS> If you get yourself a food scale it really helps you with portion control. Log in your foods before you eat them. If the numbers are too high make another choice. It's like a puzzle. Once you make all the pieces fit, you are able to see the whole picture
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Log on everyday and take it slow. Educate yourself on healthy foods and try to stay away from processed and fast foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains and fresh meats and fish. Cook for youself. Don't buy thing that are going to tempt you. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. Get healthy snacks. Read the lables and watch PORTIONS> If you get yourself a food scale it really helps you with portion control. Log in your foods before you eat them. If the numbers are too high make another choice. It's like a puzzle. Once you make all the pieces fit, you are able to see the whole picture

Great advice!! And welcome, craftykimmer!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yes your ticker thingy is working LOL.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My best advice is to log your food EVERY day...every bite...even if you have been "bad". It makes a world of difference to me when I am logging vs. not logging. Friend me if you like. I find that I am far more likely to log in everyday when I know that there are people on here that notice if I don't.

Best of luck! You CAN do this...
  • craftykimmer
    craftykimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow Kelly! 101 lbs.!!!! What an inspiration you are to me! Thanks
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I hope your journey is successful!!!