question about after making your goal weight

Options
i finally hit my goal weight, should i keeep tracking calories, do i need to do that forever, its beeen about 10 days and so far ive beeen eating good just increased my calories some so i dont lose any more, what do most of you do once you get to the weight you want to be at

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I met my goal a few months ago and I still log. I'm not that good and it keeps me on track. Just change your goals to maintain.
  • gvsccr
    gvsccr Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about a month now. I log my food - though I have my calories set on the low end of my range (I eat between 2200-2500 a day). I do it because it makes me feel more in control. I NEED to be able to see what I'm putting in my mouth each day. Course, I rarely sway from my normal foods, so it is basically the same things every single day.

If you are comfortable not logging - don't. If you feel more comfortable logging - do it. It's a personal thing, I think. I suspect a day will come when I will be 100% sure of myself and won't need to log day in and day out. For now, I just feel better doing it. Just like weighing myself. For right now, I need to do it to make sure I'm staying on track.

Congrats on meeting your goal weight!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making your goal weight!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Ditto! Congrats on making it. It's no small feat!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit my goal weight, but due to injury and surgery, I went into maintnance for 6 weeks. At first I didn't log my calories, but I started again when I thought I wasn't paying attention enough. I did it for a couple of days just to make sure I was on track. I would think if you don't want to, try it and see how it goes....you can always start again.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    First of all, Congratulations!!

I know that when I reach my goal I will continue to log my eating. I believe that I, and probably most of us, will over time start to slowly creep back up no matter how good our intentions or how good we think we will be.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal a month ago and I still log. My weight fluctuates by about 2 lbs above and below my goal in the span of about a week. I'm still trying to hold it more steady but some days I want more food, others I'm not as hungry so I'm not consistently hitting my maintenance calories. The smaller body does seem to be MUCH more sensitive to small changes in calories. I think I will get better at holding it steady, but for now I keep logging. I'm learning to need MFP less by choosing my food as I normally would during the day and then logging at the end of the day (instead of checking with MFP before eating).
  • gvsccr
    gvsccr Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks to everyone who replied, i apppreciate all the advise everyone gave me