Mad!!!

Options
I had the worst day. I'm sure people are sick of hearing me complain...but come on...I have been working out for 2 months...changed my eating habits...on the weekends I might go over but i mostly have stayed to track. I have lost nothing more. It must be my eating habits that are hurting me. I am so frustrated from working out 6 days a week and not seeing a difference in my clothes or anything.

IM PISSED ACTUALLY!

Yes, I do mostly eat my exercise calories...I have tried eating them and not eating them and neither is working.

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I had the worst day. I'm sure people are sick of hearing me complain...but come on...I have been working out for 2 months...changed my eating habits...on the weekends I might go over but i mostly have stayed to track. I have lost nothing more. It must be my eating habits that are hurting me. I am so frustrated from working out 6 days a week and not seeing a difference in my clothes or anything.

IM PISSED ACTUALLY!

Yes, I do mostly eat my exercise calories...I have tried eating them and not eating them and neither is working.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Well, don't give up! Maybe it's what you are actually eating? What is a typical menu for you like in a day? Care to share?

I haven't been losing much myself. But I did take my measurements and although there wasn't a big difference (was actually disappointed), there was a difference and that's something, right?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    what are you doing on the weekends?? Are you drinking?? If so how much?? I have heard several times that if you are drinking that is the worst thing you can do.
  • chubbymom
    Options
    Do you really want to know????

On the weekends...mainly Saturdays we always go out. That is our meal out every week after hockey. We did Olive Garden..I had soup and salad...but like 4 breadsticks! :noway:

Average day is like this:

B: 1 cup raisen bran crunch or 2 eggs
    L: Sandwich on whole wheat (turkey) with provolone, mayo and tomatoe
    Dinner: Chicken over rice with veggie

I do have soda everyday..like 1. I do have coffee in the morning 2 cups with creamer...no sugar

Like today I am a little over 1400 calories...burned 400 at gym tonight.

Oh and no I dont drink.
  • klohmeyer
    Options
    The weekends used to be hard for me too - especially when I would go out and want a beer or something. I am not one to deny myself of everything, so I tried the new Miller 64 beer that came out and it helps curve the craving for beer (no, I am not really a guy - haha) I know you haven't answered the alcohol question, but to anyone out there that is reading this, 64 calories isn't too bad when you just need a beer. :drinker:
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Apparently the times you eat can make quite a difference too. When pregnant with my son (the youngest) I found that I actually lost weight rather than gained - throughout entire pregnancy I gained 4 pounds from what my start weight. It scared me but my midwife asked what I was eating and when and if that was different than previous. I was definately eating good - can't stop me with steak, potato, and broccoli. Anyway, because I was getting up early and eating cereal with my daughter at 5:30 in the morning (never used to eat anything but coffee in the morning) and having a big glass of milk with my supper rather than more food - this was what was assumed to be causing my weight loss. Huh, maybe I should start doing that again. Duh!!!!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Yeah for beer!! :drinker: Alcohol totally derails my weight loss, but sometimes I can't live without it!

CM, don't get discouraged. Sometimes it just takes time to see results. Also, I am willing to bet that you are losing fat and replacing it with muscle and that is why you haven't seen the scale move. Stick to your guns sister! Don't give up!!! Channel that anger into your workout until your so tired that you have to crawl to your car!
  • Bannor
    Bannor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dont feel so bad. I do 5 to 6 days a week of cardio and weight training. I just joined this site to track my calories in one month I only lost 2 pounds. So you just have to keep at it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Do you really want to know????

On the weekends...mainly Saturdays we always go out. That is our meal out every week after hockey. We did Olive Garden..I had soup and salad...but like 4 breadsticks! :noway:

I do have soda everyday..like 1. I do have coffee in the morning 2 cups with creamer...no sugar

Like today I am a little over 1400 calories...burned 400 at gym tonight.

Oh and no I dont drink.

:flowerforyou: Ok, so you feel what you've been doing itsn't working for you & it's making you frustrated....so how about you change it up a bit....:drinker:

Now what if you try out eating 5-6 mini meals a day? That's eating every few hours depending on your daily calorie allotment. This keeps your blood sugars leveled out through out the day and evening...and it really helps keep the old metabolism boosted through out the entire day as well!

Are you doing strength training as part of your workouts? That's another weigh to really boost the metabolism and keep burning the cals long after you've finished your workouts.

Getting enough sleep? That can make a HUGE difference.....

How about water? Drinking enough, even more than your daily suggested amount is great for flushing out your system.

Regarding Olive Garden.....perhaps you could look up the soup, salad (DRESSING!) think on what all they top the salad with....and of course the breadsticks. Might surprise you how much you're taking in on the weekends after all your hard work at the gym.

Many soups unless you make them yourself and know exactly what items you put in them...can be HIGH calorie, HIGH fat food choices.

Checking labels? Making sure you are getting plenty of fiber in your foods makes a big difference. Eating Whole Wheat bread vs. white, ya know things like that ...they may seem small but they are HUGE when it comes to how carbs react to your body.

Any meds? any side effects on the directions that might say drink more water or may cause weight gain?

Soda can make you retain SALT BIG TIME! (same with some soups, dressings, and OH YES all the butter and garlic salt on the bread sticks) Yes, even 1 can of pop! Look on the back of your can to check out the label and though perhaps you've already looked but take a look again.....might decide those calories would be better chewed up than drank.:laugh:

I swear by spreading your meals out! It changed my energy level, boosted my metabolism, keeps my sugars leveled out (sugars going up and down to quickly can really make or break weigh loss!)

Ok, :laugh:

I can see now it's simply not POSSIBLE for me to type short responses:flowerforyou:

Best of luck to you.....let us know how you're doing and if you've decided to try out some new changes.

OHH and do get that tape measure out....and measure measure measure......and maybe even put the scale away for a bit.....it's simply a number .....really that's all it is. When all is said and done and your body tells you that it feels good when you're at a certain place....it won't even matter what the scale says.

It's our bodies we want to learn to listen too.......
  • PishPish97
    Options
    I'm having the same fustration. This weekend I bought a Wii Fit so that I can move more indoors (it's raining in Seattle). I also tried to increase my calories temporarily and bought a heart rate monitor to track my calories. I'm hoping something will give eventually. In the meantime I am just focusing on making healthy choices.
  • chubbymom
    Options
    Wow some really good options Fitness Chick! Thank You! I am going to try the mini meals...

Yes I do cardio and strength training. I am obsessed with cycle...which leaves my thighs burning but I burn 600-800 calories per session for 45 minutes according to my HRM.

I think I just need to re-evaluate things. My hubbs took my measurements tonight. How often should I recheck those??? Once a month?
  • jenamoustapha
    Options
    listen, I don't know completely your story but I've had weight yoyos my whole life and just recently found out that my thyroid was to blame for most of it. you should read up on the symptoms of having a thyroid imbalance. seriously. it has effects on women a lot and especially at times of stress or after child birth. also, my advice, try bikram yoga. I lost 10 pounds by doing it.

good luck.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I totally hear ya on being pissed! I know the feeling oh so well...but don't give up...just stay positive and shake things up a bit...

Like a few ppl suggested try mini meals...keep healthy snacks around too...I usually take a laughing cow cheese wedge to work with me (even though I usually end up giving it away) or sliced cucumbers or cherry tomatoes...they make a quick conveniet snack..and are good for u...

Oh for a change up on ur work out routine try belly dancing.. :)

OHSO MUCH FUN...I used to do it for fun with my family at gatherings and then when I got older for bridal showers or engagements/wedding etc but u can buy these work out dvds nline or even in stores like target or wal-mart (try blockbuster first to give it a try) and they are really fun and u burn a lot of calories while doing it.

Good luck!!
  • ninabonina
    Options

Its okay to go out on weekends, you can't restrict yourself that much, but think healthy choices. Instead of getting a Tuscana soup, go for the minestone. Eat 1 breadstick, if you can resist (i know how good they are!) and salad, the main thing is the dressing and toppings Don't ask for cheese (adding extra calories)
    For you daily food. try switching to mini meals or if you want to go traditional 3 meals a day,
    Raisin bran is good, eat with SKIM or NON FAT milk. Its ridiculous how few calories instead of 1%, or 2% has.
    Eggs.. Don't eat the full egg.. Eat egg whites. (they sell egg whites in a carton and make scrambled eggs with it. If you put seasoning, DON'T PUT SALT. adds extra calories and is bad for you. I use stuff called Spike which is just herbs but it tastes really nice and it feels like it has salt in it but it doesn't.
    For lunch. Sandwich, try making it an open faced sandwich or use one slice of bread. Usually whole wheat bread is about 100 calories a piece. Make sure when having turkey, its not proccessed. Lunchon meets are full of sodium which can be really bad for you. Mayo. Don't use too much! try making it less that a tablespoon. or get light Helmans mayo. its better for you and lower in calories

Rice, make sure its in the right portions, and eat about a palm size of meat at one serving.
    CUT OUT SODA! It is the worst! i cut it out of my diet for good. Even drinking DIET cola, is bad because aspertame can sometimes make you gain weight!
    For coffee in the morning, try and use half and half cream not creamer. EXPECIALLY International Delights flavoured creamer. Its AWFUL for you

Hopefully your calorie intake goes down! Good work though!

Hope this helps you!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Wow some really good options Fitness Chick! Thank You! I am going to try the mini meals...

Yes I do cardio and strength training. I am obsessed with cycle...which leaves my thighs burning but I burn 600-800 calories per session for 45 minutes according to my HRM.

I think I just need to re-evaluate things. My hubbs took my measurements tonight. How often should I recheck those??? Once a month?

Opinions out here may vary....but yes I do it only once a month so as to see results but not then get obsessed with yet another tool.....lol

Have the same person take the measurements for you each time if you can and about the same time each month so you can easily remember it.

Best to you CM:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    FItness Chick....you have lost 119 pounds, an entire person. You may have all the time you wish as an experienced speaker. Thank you!

Your name should be Princessgorgeouseyes or Lovelysmile or greatestmommy. Now I have that out of my system. :laugh: :laugh:

Chicks ideas worked for me. When I was stuck for 6 wks I changed how I ate. Made sure breakfast, added milk for my snacks and broke meals up over 5 meals a day.

Water is important especially when you exercise as much as you do.

Measuring saved my butt. When I started I measured, but didnt think to do it again. About wk 5 of my plateau I measured and had lost 12 inches or so in total.

I also read 2 things:
    I eat 1400 calories and
    I burn 600-800

That doesnt add up. 1200 min cals + 800 addl burned is 2000 calories you should be eating.

Right?
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Heya derlin, what FC and rwty said! Br4eaking up your meals into 5-6 mini meals thru the day abso will make a difference! That and and proper planning and logging also make a world of difference!:tongue: