pulled hamstring

Options
Don't know when it occurred or how, but any suggestions on cardio exercises that would be easy on such injury im thinking ellipticle

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    You might want to hold off on exercises involving your legs for a few days at least.
    you could aggravate the injury or further injure yourself.
    I don't know if alternating heat & ice will help.
    Check this out though, you may find something helpful:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/10062-treat-pulled-hamstring/
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Rest, rest, rest! You don't want this to turn into a nagging injury that takes an eternity to heal.

Ok, since that is not gonna happen at least listen to your body and don't push to hard. If elliptical is not causing pain or discomfort then give it a shot. I suggest fidning activities that engage your legs as little as possible. Examples (depending on what is available to you) could be swimming, hitting a bag, or the arm bicycle.

Good luck
  • Gayjonesy
    Gayjonesy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I injured my knee about a month ago and I continued to exercise doing things that weren't painful while performing (elliptical and incumbent bike). But my knee was not getting better. I decided it would be best not to do any leg exercise for about a week. The week is almost up and my knee is almost pain free. So I would go with not doing anything with the legs for at least 7 days.