Wrong choice

Options
I think I have been cheating myself and possibly throwing my actual calorie count off. I am a coffee drinker but I drink my coffee with about a Tbsp of 2% milk and about 3 tsp of sugar. Well, rather than go through the entire database looking for exact description I chose coffee with cream and than added sugar on the side. Huge calorie difference apparently. I will now be choosing coffee with milk and 3 tsp of sugar. Newbies - be careful out there - it is a calorie jungle in that database.

Replies

• guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I have been cheating myself and possibly throwing my actual calorie count off. I am a coffee drinker but I drink my coffee with about a Tbsp of 2% milk and about 3 tsp of sugar. Well, rather than go through the entire database looking for exact description I chose coffee with cream and than added sugar on the side. Huge calorie difference apparently. I will now be choosing coffee with milk and 3 tsp of sugar. Newbies - be careful out there - it is a calorie jungle in that database.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

A jungle it is. :ohwell: I always look for confirmations when I have to go to the database.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

Why don't you just input "coffee" then measure how much milk and then input that separate, then input your sugar separate. Once you do all that, you'll have an accurate measurement of YOUR coffee. You can then save it as "a meal" and just choose that every day from then on.

Oh, and you really should try to ditch the sugar--just bad for you and empty calories. I used to use tons of half&half and splenda with my coffee and gradually cut it all out. Now, I drink it black. You get used to it if you cut the "add-ons" out slowly.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Why don't you just input "coffee" then measure how much milk and then input that separate, then input your sugar separate. Once you do all that, you'll have an accurate measurement of YOUR coffee. You can then save it as "a meal" and just choose that every day from then on.

Oh, and you really should try to ditch the sugar--just bad for you and empty calories. I used to use tons of half&half and splenda with my coffee and gradually cut it all out. Now, I drink it black. You get used to it if you cut the "add-ons" out slowly.

I agree. I measure the milk. Milk is a far cry from coffee with cream. I worked in a rest. and the creamer we served was...40% fat! WOW!

Mixed revws on the sugar. I use raw sugar and splenda. I cant drink black coffee. Oh and you can buy sugar in the packets. I did this and it really helps me in the measurement dept. A little more expensive, but worth it to me.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options

What Shorerider said:smile:

You know I use to drink my coffe with creamer and sugar but I weaned myself off of it. I had heard of someone doing this so I tried it and it worked. After I did it my mom tried it and it worked for her too.

What you do is slowly you start using a little less creamer, I mean just a smidge. You do this until you are'nt adding in creamer at all. Then you start doing the same with the sugar, adding less and less until you are drinking it black:noway:

It took me a little over a month to do but that was about 20 years ago and to this day I can't stand coffee with creamer or sugar. Once in awhile I will try one of the new flavored creamers but I must say I really prefer my coffee black.:drinker: