Burned out!

Options
deb_rn
deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
I have been using MFP for 3 months and I am right on track for my weight loss. However, I am tired of doing my food diary, thinking about what I am eating and worrying if I don't exercise. How do you stay motivated?

Replies

• mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm not at 3 months yet, but already feeling the fatigue too.....would love to see responses!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for 3 months also. My success is keeping me motivated. I'm going on vacation with my husband in two months so that will keep me motivated until then. I just take things one day at a time..... one meal at a time if i have to. Just hang in there. You're worth it!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Keeping the end result in the forefront of my thinking. I ask myself why am I doing this and I reward my self for reaching goals along the way!!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I've been here for 4 months and most days I'm ok but once in awhile when I'm out I just wish I could order without trying to figure out calories!

You are doing SO well, don't give up. I just keep thinking about what I want my body to look like and that's why I'm doing this.

Good Luck!!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I take a break every now and then. You've probably gained enough knowledge in these past few months to know when you're overdoing it or staying within your calories without having to log.

And congratulations on your weight loss. You've done a great job.
  • Missashley9
    Options
    I've been doing this for about 2 mos, and I can relate. I don't mind logging my food, so much as I am not as "gung ho" as I used to be about putting in the work. I was doing well for a few weeks as far as getting my 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day and so forth, but I've been petering out a bit. However, I have lost 13 lbs and 13 lbs in 8 weeks isn't too bad. I have had the MFP set to lose 1 1/2 lbs a week and that's about where I am. I want to live healthier and happier, so I know I have to keep going. Just pick out that 1 goal that is important to you, and focus on that. You can do it!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have a goal.

Acording to the guy who owns the gym I go to, goals are dreams with a deadline. I like that :smile:

My Goal is 140lb and looking good in my bikini when I go to Cuba. Four weeks & 1 lb away :smile:

Every time I feel like slacking, I think 'CUBA'!!!!

Additionally one of my MPF friends is an absolute inspiration - BPH218. When I see the cals he's burned it makes me want to burn more cals.

And be kind to yourse4lf - a day or two off isn't the end of the world.
  • rockindad77
    Options
    It's not always easy but doing things the easy way is what got me to the point that I needed to lose weight. It was easier to not worry about calories and fat grams and all that and that's why I got up to 300+ lbs. I have only been on here about a month and yeah it does get hard and it does get boring but I'm 15 lbs down so far and feel great. I struggle of course at times with not wanting to log my food and exercise but I realize that I need to do this. I hope you both find the motivation you need to keep going. If either of you need someone to talk to and encourage you along this journey please feel free to add me. This is a wonderful site full of great people and we're all here to help each other. So good luck and I'm sure you can do this!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Take weekends off. It's good to take a break and relax. You'll come back feeling refreshed and free.
  • tab143
    tab143 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the things that I love in moderation AND keep the end goal in mind. Is good food more important than good health in the long haul? NO! It is NOT! That's what I try to keep in mind every single day. Good luck!
  • AmandaDrews
    Options
    I'm not at 3 months and I started this with out any motivation. I was doing this for my mom, to help support her. I admit, I'm lazy. But when I started doing this and saw that it was relatively easy I got encouraged. I had never counted calories before. I did other diets, but just never counted calories. Anyways, I told a lot of people. Co-workers, friends, family, facebook. Everyone encouraged me. When I lost weight the first week, I was like, cool!!!! This is easy. I can do this! For me, what is helping me stay motivated is the lack of work I have to do. Don't get me wrong, I excersize occasionally, and the more I excercise, the likely I am to excersize again, sooner. What am I doing? Probably what most people will frown at. But it is food that I already like. Prepackaged, canned, not much work to heat it up and cook. I hate cooking! Anyways, the foods I eat, Michelina's are only $1 at Walmart and they fill me up for lunch mostly, I'll have some fruit or yogurt to go with it. I also eat those progresso or campbells soups. The big/tall cans with 2 servings in them ranging in 300-500 calories for the whole can. One of those will fill me up. Again, usually fruit or yogurt, and sometimes chips... same for dinner, just variety. Breakfast is flavored oatmeal. Weekends, I tend to splurge. Eat out, but I excercise a lot more on the weekends to counteract the extra calories. In 75 days, I have lost more than 25 pounds. I went from a 22 pant size to 16. How I'm lovin it!!! I can't wait to wear my new pants! Just got them today! So for me, my motivation is what I get to eat. I don't feel deprived, because I get to eat what I like. Oh and I love looking at the before and after photos of those on here, those are inspiring to me as well. I also get lots of compliments and that makes me want to lose more weight, just so I can hear them again. Vain I know, but hey... it makes me feel good. And my husband, he is soo excited about this as well... he tells me I am a new person now and he loves it. I love who he has become as a result of what I have become. :)
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great advice! :smile:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am 7 months in my journey and 15 pounds down. I need to lose 5-10 more I am not sure exactly right now but am gessing that I will probably need 7 more months. The only way for me not to go crazy is to take a break from time to time. Not a huge one. No need to gain 10 pounds but for 2 days I can eat about 2000 calories. Or stop training for a week. This is a long term journey....the least we can do is enjoy the view from time to time
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I started in February and am now about 4 months in. I stay motivated by setting attainable interim goals and reading the encouragement of the people here and all the posts. I haven't felt it was a burden and I am down 45 lbs and about 10 from my original goal. I actually enjoy using the Android phone app to enter my food choices. Set some attainiable short term goals and push on!:drinker:
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Just lately, I've had this problem too. I'm a little over 5 months in. I just took a weekend off. I didn't go crazy but I didn't log, I just thought about what I was eating before I shoveled it in. It seems to have worked since I felt better on Monday and was ready to hit it again.

I hope you find renewed enthusiasm and get past this. It really is so worth it. I have lots to lose but I break it up into small goals--in my head at least. Its a process and a learning experience for me. I find logging tedious sometimes, but it also helps me to see what I'm eating and how effects my weight loss.

Kathy
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    it will also help to hang a piece of goal clothing on the closet door....i had a pair of pants i truely loved and bought about 2 or more years ago and could not come close to wearing....hung them on the closet door and saw them every morning when i went to get dressed. i was actually able to put them on and zip them this week....i will find something else to hang there now...small goals that are in your face daily to remind you of why you started and where you want to end up....maybe a picture of your kids on the mirror in the monring....find your inner motinvation and look at it daily! hope this helps just a litlle.