3 Non scale victories yesterday!

Options
Yesterday my daughter went to give me a hug, shes 8 and waist level, She smiled and said, "Mommy I can put my arms around your waist and hold my own hand!" She was very excited for me.

Then later that day at work one of my co-workers said I was rocking the smaller jeans. Which were not smaller but started to fit me properly... Instead of stuffing myself into them.

This next one might be TMI for the guys, but a pair of undies my mom bought for me a few months ago have been too small to wear, this morning I tried them on and they fit perfectly!!

YAY! So I can feel and see the changes! But guess what? The Scales says I have lost a pound... LOL

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    great job
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's good news for you, you are losing inches first!!!!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    That is great!! congrats!
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs! Laughed at the underwear one. I have gone down two sizes since I started; and while I have replaced some clothes hadn't done so with the underwear until today. Luckily I had jeans on; but the underwear kept falling down. I have now replaced it.
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Kids speak the truth don't they, so sweet of your little one to say that!!!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    That is so awesome... sometimes the biggest accomplishments aren't necessarily the ones on the scale.
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    It is so exciting to hear other's NSV's. I am getting close to where they will start happening. I do an exercise where I have to stretch my arms behind me. I can't do it yet, but it will be one way to tell when my girth decreases. I need to have a little one around to try and hug me. I will have to talk to my daughter about grandkids!
  • michelleengland13
    michelleengland13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I noticed when I do a quad stretch, my foot actually reaches my booty!!! Kids are great for measurements!! LOL
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    They sure are my kids are 15,10 and 8. The youngest and most outspoken of the bunch my daughter keeps me filled in regularly with the weight/inches I am losing. One of my recent NSV was her telling me Mom your belly isn't so soft and cushy anymore... and my older son being able to pick me up off my feet because he wanted to see if he could, which was a combination of him getting stronger and mom being about 40 pounds lighter then the last time he tried... LOL. For my younger son it was the biggest smile I've seen from him in a long time when Mom was playing with them on the playground and was able to fit through the secret tunnels easily. He was like Mom you actually fit That's so cool.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!