Chicken safety question...

Options
My family and I have all been really sick so my MIL dropped off one of those precooked rotisserie chickens. Nobody was up to eating yesterday so I popped it in the fridge, Tonight I reheated the whole thing which was stupid because we hardly ate any of it. So my question is do you think it's safe to save the left overs and reheat it again or should I just chuck it? I feel sort of bad because there is SO much left. TIA:smile:

Replies

• ndanisek
    ndanisek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You could probably do that for one more day but I wouldn't do it again after that. Even still when you keep reheating stuff it might not taste right,
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    She bought it yesterday and it went straight into the fridge? I would have no qualms about eating it again tomorrow, BUT I'd take all the meat off the bones tonight and put it in a container. I would not keep putting the entire carcass in the fridge to reheat.

When you heat it again, heat it very thoroughly. But I'd definitely eat it up in the next day or two.
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I think you'd be fine to eat it tomorrow, but I'm not an expert :), however, I would turn the leftover chicken into something else, chicken quesidilla, chicken sandwiches, etc. If you don't think you'll eat it tomorrow, then you can take the meat off the bone and freeze it for a casserole later.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just make sure to heat it up to at least 73 degrees celsius :) As the others said, you'll probably be fine.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yeah i would take the meat off the bones and stick it in a tupperware bowl and i think as long as you heat it thoroughly and only heat you could eat it for the next couple days.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks! Glad to hear this! I'm so finicky about keeping meat! I normally would toss it, but there is SO much left. My kids have already requested I make burritos with it tomorrow :wink: TA!