I've been puitting this job off for a while

Options
Time to spring clean my kitchen cupboards - no idea what's in the back there, but I'll soon find out!

I've decided any 'BAD' foods have a date with the bin!:bigsmile:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Time to spring clean my kitchen cupboards - no idea what's in the back there, but I'll soon find out!

I've decided any 'BAD' foods have a date with the bin!:bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Take it to a local food bank or aid shelter--if you have something like that in the UK. That's what I do when I come across stuff "in the back" of my cabinets that I don't eat anymore. I donate it to someplace. That way, it's my house and helping others, too!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Take it to a local food bank or aid shelter--if you have something like that in the UK. That's what I do when I come across stuff "in the back" of my cabinets that I don't eat anymore. I donate it to someplace. That way, it's my house and helping others, too!

Good idea, there were soup kitchens here for the homeless a while ago - don't know what happened to them. Might have to do a little research, thanks for the idea :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh...I like the donate idea! Great thinking!

And happy cleaning! Let us know when you are done, and good luck!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Just finished, after going through 2 double cupboards, throwing away 3 black sacks full of out of date food :blushing: and burning up 258 calories too boot !!!! :bigsmile:

Decided, my son's school has harvest festival this month - so I'm donating all the unwanted tins and fatty foods to that - the school gives donated foods to the edlerly and homeless in the local community.

:bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! And love the donate idea. I'll have to remember to do that!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I abso luv it when you can help someone else by doing something good for yourself! Hugz!:flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I abso luv it when you can help someone else by doing something good for yourself! Hugz!:flowerforyou:

Yeah same here, I'd rather someone else had good use of something I don't want any more - just wish that I'd have thought about ccleaning out the cupboards before the best before dates - all that food gone to waste :grumble:

Ah well, life goes on, and from now on, I'm going to make a concerted effort to go through the cupboards every 3 months or so :bigsmile: