hard boiled eggs

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
Does any store sell hard boiled eggs? Like when you go to a restaurant or salad bar they have it already chopped up?

Replies

• gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Whole Foods in your area?
  • jodi1914
    jodi1914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most grocery stores that have a salad bar have chopped hard boiled eggs.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've seen them in Walmart with 2 in a pouch. But if you need more, do them at home, way cheaper. Make sure you buy eggs and leave them in the fridge for at least a week before you boil and peel them. If they're too fresh, you cannot peel them easily and end up making a mess with them.

Cheers.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've seen them in Walmart with 2 in a pouch. But if you need more, do them at home, way cheaper. Make sure you buy eggs and leave them in the fridge for at least a week before you boil and peel them. If they're too fresh, you cannot peel them easily and end up making a mess with them.

Cheers.

Another good tip to help peel easily.... boil for 3-5 minutes and turn off heat. Let set in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
  • wiffe
    Options
    I have tried and treid to make my own but it just doens't work. Not sure why. I"ve done every way possible.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thorntons corner store sells them whole.
  • chuckycheez
    Options
    Publix stores sells them (whole-peeled) in their deli section.
  • wiffe
    Options
    only have krogers, walmart, cubs (some new name now), schnuks and hyvee
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the other post you made, but I'll stick it in here as well.

http://www.egglandsbest.com/egglands-eggs/hard-cooked-peeled.aspx

Click on the 'where to buy' and you can find the state you live in and which stores.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Tips for boiling eggs:

Use "older" eggs. Like, one's that are a week or less from their "sell by" date. Older eggs peel well and practically fall out of their shells.

Put the eggs in before the water is boiling.
    Boil the eggs for 12 minutes. Some say leave in hot water, but mine never work when I do that.
    Put the pan in the sink and let cool water run on them slowly for another 15 minutes or so until you can handle the eggs with your hands. Put them back into the egg carton and label them

Voila. They last for about a week in the fridge. No fail. :)