I need help and inspiration!

Options
Hi everyone!! I have been using the app for myfitnesspal for two weeks now! But now I am getting discouraged. I feel like I'm starving myself and not losing weight at all! I just need someone else to motivate me and join me on this journey! I am tired of feeling like I've loss control of my weight. I would like to gain control of it, and my life back! Thank you in advance for supporting me! And good luck to you all!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....It takes time...Keep your head held high and your chin up and you will do GREAT..
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a little support, this journey wasn't meant to do alone! Feel free to friend me if you need help or encouragement. You absolutely can and WILL get control of your health and wellness!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and you will see results :)
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Seize control! You can do it :)
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Once you get in the groove, it gets easier and easier. You can do it! Welcome to MFP!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Are you starving yourself?? If you don't eat enough you won't lose weight!!! Eating healthy means you can eat a lot! Just of the right stuff!...Mind if I add you? I comment and try to encourage every day!! xxxx
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You can do this! The app is great for tracking but the site is the part you need for motivation and support! Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • princess2408
    princess2408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you all so much! It's great to see people believing in me! :-)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you starving yourself?? If you don't eat enough you won't lose weight!!! Eating healthy means you can eat a lot! Just of the right stuff!...

THIS! AGREED! You shouldn't be starving yourself to lose weight.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I was driving myself crazy until I gave myself a range...

Rather than being uberstrict with the target MFP set for me I did the math (I played with the options on the goals page to get the info I wanted) to find out the calories needed to maintain my goal weight and my current weight and I gave myself a range with 1200 as my rock bottom, lose 1 lb/wk as my target and maintain my goal weight as the top of my range. As long as I keep within in this range I'll lose. I tend to naturally zig zag my calories 3-4 at very close to my target and then a higher calorie day closer to the top of my range.

As long as I stayed under maintain my current weight calories I won't gain. So no need to throw in the towel, just pick-up where I left off.

Once I found ways to lessen the stress, I found it way easier to focus on the process and let the results follow. (It's what worked for me some people nee the stress to get them motivated. Me I get scared and overwhelmed and don't see the big goal as acheivable. I only worry about it 1 lb at a time.)

ALSO

If your starving all the time watch your Sugar & artificial sweetener intake both will increase your appetite.
    Track sugar for a while. You'll be amazed at how many *real foods* have a tone of sugar in them.
    My fave cooikes have 9g or sugar for 15 cookies. I picked up a lean cuisine once with out check and it had 30g of sugar!!!!!! I only get 25g a day.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    welcome we are all on the same journey all of us are glad to help you can do it
  • princess2408
    princess2408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know that I shouldn't starve myself... But as i look back over the last two weeks I'm seeing that daily calorie consumption is about 700-800. And another thing I do that I know is not good is I weigh myself every morning. I usually stop eating after 7 and I walk/jog. I'm just looking for a realistic goal. I told my self that I want to be 200 by the end of this summer. And 170 by next year. I don't know if I could actually reach that goal. Is it possible? Two wks ago I was 221. Now I'm 214.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You're only taking in 700-800 calories a day?! Oh my, no wonder you're starving! At the bare minimum, most people will say you have to take in at least 1,200 per day in order for your body to function properly. If you take in any less than that, you run the risk of slowing down your metabolism and actually gaining weight (because you aren't feeding your body enough, it'll start to hold on to the little that you are eating and convert it into fat storage). PLEASE EAT MORE! But make sure you're eating more of the right stuff- fruits, veggies, unprocessed foods, fish, lean meats....

You should aim to lose about 1-2 lbs per week. That's a healthy and manageable goal. If you aim for too much, you will end up frustrated and ready to give up. Your first couple of weeks, you might naturally lose more than 2 pounds, but it should even out eventually to about 1-2 pounds per week.

Also, I noticed that it helped me a lot when I first started to make my food diary open to my friends (you can change this in the settings). That way, my friends could keep me accountable for eating enough and eating the right things. Also, feel free to look at your friends' journals to get ideas for things to eat and snack on. It helps you feel less hungry if you eat several small meals a day. I find myself almost constantly snacking now, but instead of chips and sweets, I go for almonds, laughing cow cheese, fruit, and carrots.

You can do it :)
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Much too low!! No wonder you are hungry and not losing weight..!! Up it to at LEAST 1200 ..should be more...and YES 170 by next year is possible...but only if you take care of yourself...Lose weight by being healthy!!!..You can so do this!!!
  • meikoakizuki_ma
    Options
    Hey! Don't be discouraged! It's gonna work, trust me!Only you really need to stick to the calories MFP sets up for you...and(in case you did) don't have a "lose 2 pounds in a week" goal...then you really are going to starve yourself for nothing!