Anyone use ankle brace/supports for working out?

Options
I am noticing my ankles are giving out more and wanted to know if anyone else uses ankle supports/braces when they work out. I will be doing circuit training, weight lifting, jumping, and running in my workouts.

Can anyone recommend any brands that have worked well for them?

Replies

• Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wear one when I do Zumba. I have an old ankle injury & my ankle doesn't like all the jumping. The brand is elstastrap premium. Is has a reinforced strip on the inside & outside and it has 2 wider staps that wrap around so you can adjust it to give you extra support where you need it.
    Works really well for me.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I wear one when I do Zumba. I have an old ankle injury & my ankle doesn't like all the jumping. The brand is elstastrap premium. Is has a reinforced strip on the inside & outside and it has 2 wider staps that wrap around so you can adjust it to give you extra support where you need it.
    Works really well for me.

i also use a brace i think its made by ace bandage, but it sounds alot like this one. I had a ligament fracture n 2001 & after my son was born i rolled it twice & then again last week, but i iced it constantly & feels better now. but i wlll be wearing extra support from now on!!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I use one when I'm on the tread mill one is just a soft sided support and the other for when it really hurts has a piece of plastic on both sides for support. I got them at walmart for like 5-8 the brand I think is Mueller. They work great for my old ankle injury and offer wonderful support.