My NSVs over the past few weeks!

Options
Now that I finally know what NSV means (non-scale victory for those who still don't), I can share some of my NSVs. I am 26 and at my largest, to my knowledge, I was at 238 (fully clothed with shoes, so probably more like 233). I have almost never in my life dieted. Before MFP, which has been a lifesaver (perhaps literally?), my "cutting back" might mean 1 double cheeseburger and a medium fry from McDonald's instead of 2 double chs and a medium fry. Now it means I look it up and say "Wow, I can't handle an 800 calorie lunch and only have 700 calories remaining at the end of lunch.". Since I have been expanding (up about 30 pounds in 4 years), every NSV is a huge victory and boost to my confidence.

One fitness-obsessed woman I work with - "Hey, Skinny!"
Guy I work with - "Did you borrow your brothers clothes?" - he was saying this to be a jerk, suggesting I was dressing like a hip-hopper - he would hate to know that this comment made me feel good.
Wife - "I don't like that shirt on you any more, it looks like you're trying to dress baggy."
Another guy I work with - "Are you losing weight? Seems like every time I see you you are smaller and smaller"
Boss - "Looks like you've been losing some weight."
Mom - "I can tell you've lost weight in the belly"

NSL - Non-scale loss - having to buy new clothes because my fat clothes aren't fitting any more! Lol - but I think we can all agree that's a good problem to have.

Replies

• jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    Oh yeah! And trying on my dad's 36-waist pants, and while snug and having to tug a bit to put them on, they snapped! I haven't been able to wear anything under a 38 in years, and many brands a 38 wouldn't cut it. Not to mention I had also given up any hope of ever being a decent size and always bought pants I thought I had room to grow in :(
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    During the weight-loss phase, places like Ross & thrift stores are a god-send. When I knew I wasn't going to be in a size very long, it made it easier to spend $5 on something I was going to give away in a few months.
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    During the weight-loss phase, places like Ross & thrift stores are a god-send. When I knew I wasn't going to be in a size very long, it made it easier to spend $5 on something I was going to give away in a few months.
    Good call! We have several Goodwills nearby, perhaps I should just try to find a pair of 36s and wear them until I can hit a 34!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!