What motivates YOU?

Options
I've become quite active on these boards lately, but in case you haven't seen...I am 26 years old, married, and have a 4 year old son. I am 219 pounds currently, starting at 238 - and stand about 6'1.
* I want to go to the beach with my family and not be self conscious.
* I want to make my wife happy and take her to water parks and stop taking my being uncomfortable with my weight out on her and my son by not doing the things they want to do.
* I want to show people my tattoos on my back that never see the light of day because I am embarassed of my muffin top.
* I want to be able to look at my face in the mirror without thinking about how fat I've gotten.
* I don't want to live my life in fear of heart disease or a heart attack
* I want to look at my side profile in the mirror at work without focusing on how far my gut is hanging over my pants
* I want people to stop looking at me in horror when I tell them I wear size 40 jeans.
* I want to see my child - or children - grow up into adults, and attend my grandchildren's college graduations.
* I want my wife to find me attractive - and I mean for real - not just because she has to.

These were always faux-motivations...things I thought of while I ate crab rangoons and sweet and sour chicken at Chinese buffets - but they have become my real-life motivations as I have finally began to take care of myself.

So - what motivates you?

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What motivates me????

- didn't want to take high blood pressure pills
    - feeling the runners high after a good run and I make myself remember that feeling!
    - my children - want to see them grown and successful
    - a chance to find that perfect guy
    - feeling bones that I knew I had, somewhere hidden amoungst that fat!!!!
    - feeling in control of my life now!

L
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Just alot of self-esteem related issues.
  • rcobian
    rcobian Posts: 1
    Options
    What motivates me...
    im going to spend two weeks in Philadelphia weather during the winter and i want to fit into jeans comfortably lol :blushing:
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    my daughter came up with a great motivator for me today...

we know someone not great in the water, wears a life vest to swim in a shallow area at lake, goes down ladder and sticks toes in and comes back up... we get it, he has a fear of water, bummer.
    we, on the other hand, love the water and run and jump in off the dock, etc.
    so, today when someone went to gym early without me and I felt unmotivated to go alone later, my daughter said...
    so are you being afraid to put your toes in or are you going to run and jump off the dock?
    Oh boy, that got me... I ran to my gym clothes, drove to the gym and jumped on the treadmill for an hour.... 3.3 miles, 558 calories! Totally jumped off the dock and it felt so good! No toe dipping for me!

Thank you daughter, I needed that! :bigsmile:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My grandson! He likes to open up windows and jump out! (He's 2) So to save him, I have to either be able to fit out the window too, or be able to run out the front door and around the house in time to catch him! THAT'S great motivation!
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    I have always done acting and dancing and after my first year of college i felt so low about how i looked i missed most of my classes and didnt even continue with the next year even though i got into 5 really good colleges... I want to have my confidence back to get up and not think ergh they can see my extra chin or my muffin top.

want to go home and have people have there jaw drop and be like woah you look awesome, i wont be seeing my friends or family for another 8-19 months so got the time to work on that.

new zealand summer ... beach times need I say any more than bikini body please or at least one that doesnt wobble so much :)

be able to fit into all the amazing vintage clothes i find ... never anything nice in my size

not having to delete every photo of me because i look fat