No Grain No Pain - what your meals look like?

Options
heniko
heniko Posts: 796 Member
So following the other thread of posting your meal pics ... I've started a thread for all the Paleo, Primal ... and any low carb no grain friends ... sorry Kim I stole your name ....

So post them here ...

breakfast

Grainless chocolate courgette (zuchinni) bread with flaxseeds

40de5b54.jpg

Replies

• bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Could i have the recipe please??? thanx :flowerforyou:
  • heniko
    Options
    Yes of course Bella ... it's easy

2 cups almond flour
    pinch salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder (but next time I think I will add more - about 1 1/2 for a dense cake loaf
    3 eggs
    1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
    1/4 cup flaxmeal + whole seeds for topping if you like
    1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, raw and packed tightly (about 1 large zuchinni)
    nuts optional

mix wet ingredients then slowly add in the dry. Fold in the zuchinni. Pour into a greased loaf tin then into a preheated oven for 55m
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wheres the chocolate in the recipe?
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, Nikole! Lately, I have been experimenting with coconut oil. Will post my next Primal/Paleo/Keto 'fudge'.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes...this is awesome. I will post my Coconut Flour Bread recipe...yummy
  • heniko
    Options
    Wheres the chocolate in the recipe?
    yes you are right I forgot to write that it's 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • heniko
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, Nikole! Lately, I have been experimenting with coconut oil. Will post my next Primal/Paleo/Keto 'fudge'.
    oo sounds naughty but tasty! plz post about it
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yummy Mexican chicken and veggies-

1-2 pounds ground chicken (you can do beef but I'm allergic)
    several zucchini, squash, or a combo of both chopped
    one small onion chopped
    half a bunch of celery chopped leaves are good to leave in they add flavor(and they are a great natural diuretic)
    3 garlic cloves chopped or pressed
    Mrs. Dash chili lime or natural taco seasonings

Combine all veggies and meat in frying pan large enough to hold all (leave out the garlic to close to the end of cooking or it will get bitter) I usually saute the onion first in a little olive oil then add celery then chicken then the squashes then garlic a few minutes before it is all cooked, just tender. I chop each in that order so I just add as I chop and it works out fine that way. I use about 3 TBSP of seasoning and then sometimes I add fresh cilantro at the end, too. Top with salsa or cheese if you eat it and a little guacamole and it's delicious. I make big batches and divide it into Gladware to have meals for later it reheats very well.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    bump..will come back and comment later
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Bump
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Like the idea! Thanks!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    bumpin this thread :)
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! Good idea!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yes of course Bella ... it's easy

2 cups almond flour
    pinch salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder (but next time I think I will add more - about 1 1/2 for a dense cake loaf
    3 eggs
    1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
    1/4 cup flaxmeal + whole seeds for topping if you like
    1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, raw and packed tightly (about 1 large zuchinni)
    nuts optional

mix wet ingredients then slowly add in the dry. Fold in the zuchinni. Pour into a greased loaf tin then into a preheated oven for 55m

BUMP (remember to add 1/3 cup cocoa)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Totally gonna check this topic everyday! Thanks for it!
  • Ellastrong
    Ellastrong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't usually do low carb, but I'm going to steal ideas from here :)
  • heniko
    Options
    Yummy Mexican chicken and veggies-

1-2 pounds ground chicken (you can do beef but I'm allergic)
    several zucchini, squash, or a combo of both chopped
    one small onion chopped
    half a bunch of celery chopped leaves are good to leave in they add flavor(and they are a great natural diuretic)
    3 garlic cloves chopped or pressed
    Mrs. Dash chili lime or natural taco seasonings

Combine all veggies and meat in frying pan large enough to hold all (leave out the garlic to close to the end of cooking or it will get bitter) I usually saute the onion first in a little olive oil then add celery then chicken then the squashes then garlic a few minutes before it is all cooked, just tender. I chop each in that order so I just add as I chop and it works out fine that way. I use about 3 TBSP of seasoning and then sometimes I add fresh cilantro at the end, too. Top with salsa or cheese if you eat it and a little guacamole and it's delicious. I make big batches and divide it into Gladware to have meals for later it reheats very well.

sounds delish I'm going to try this soon!

Mine for today is ...

49a91ac6.jpg

Chawarma spiced beef kebabs with confetti salad

Salad (enough to feed 8 people)
    - 1 pot plain Greek yoghurt, 3 TBS real mayo, 2 tsp honey (or Stevia), 1 tsp black mustard seeds, one bunch of parsely rough chopped, 2 turnips grated, 1 large head of cabbage grated, 1 small head of red cabbage grated, 3 carrots grated, black pepper salt to taste

Mix everything and eat within a day.

Kebabs (enough for 4 people)
    - 500g ground beef, 2 small potatoes (or cooked pureed carrots or even pork rinds) cooked and pureed, salt, black pepper, 1.1 tbsp ground cumin, 1tsp ground coriander, 1 TBSgarlic powder, 1/2 tbsp paprika,1/2 tsp ground cloves; 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 egg yolk

Mix everything and form onto skewers then grill.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    awesome idea :) I need some recipe ideas badly. like some really easy, really quick ideas, that the ingredients are cheap, and it doesn't take long to make!! so y'all help me! this whole moving thing is going to be tough, and I'm going to be short on time and money for the next 6 weeks!!!!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!! I'll definitely be back with some recipes and get some ideas. Thanks!