coke zero

Options
how bad is it, when i stopped working out i got back into diet soda, now im trying to wean myself off by drinking coke zero am i basically wasting my time?

Replies

• thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yep! The sugar substitutes are just as bad for you and I believe that research has proved that it can make you gain weight - not least that all soda drinks deplete calcium in your body and can give you a higher chance of osteoporosis. It's much better to try to wean yourself into drinking water.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You will likely get different sorts of opinions on this, but I am avoiding sodas completely, both diet and non-diet. At my unhealthiest, I was swilling a couple cans a day. And feeling crappy most of the time. Now I drink nuthin but good ol' water, and I believe my body appreciates it. Take care, and no matter what choice you make, here's to good health!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I was a BIG Coke Zero fan for quite some time. Over time I noticed a gut being formed...I have always been on the thin side. No way would I say my gut was from strickly consuming Coke Zero, but it definitely played a part in it.

I went cold turkey with Coke Zero, that was not the only change (trying to be as honest and upfront as I can), but energy is thru the roof, inches are coming off from my waistline and overally feeling much better. I don't think my body likes all that carbination, as with good ole water, my stomach has been much happier.

Like the gentleman posted above, I too was consuming a couple cans of Coke Zero per day and have never felt crappier than I did during that phase of my life.

ttfn
    Kyle :-p
  • johnblackmur
    Options
    ok thanks guys, i'll give away my bottle wish me luck
  • satousan88
    satousan88 Posts: 29
    Options
    I love coke zero and I used to drink it daily, but I noticed that it increases my appetite...
    so I only drink a 330ml can occasionally or when eating out with friends. If its the caffeine you need, then I'd suggest drinking ice cold black tea :)
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When I started here, I had nothing but coke zero. Then I stopped drinking it completely and changed to water. My body appreciated the decision. I can't tell if diet soda makes you gain, but I feel much better now with only drinking water. Plus, diet soda increases my appetite, I noticed. It's like you telling your body it will get sugar and then not giving it, so the body craves for even more.
    I still don't think diet soda is the devil. I have a glass once in a while, maybe once a month, but that's it.
    It took some time for me to get used to water, but it was worth it.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I like coke zero just fine. I don't drink it everyday or even on a regular basis anymore. I'm ok with that. :smile:
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds since March starting at 6' 195 and I drink at least 3 cans worth of Coke Zero a day. I love Diet Dr. Pepper too and occasionally substitute it for the coke. On the other hand, I drink a boatload of water each day as well as at least 1 beer a day, usually an Ultra. That's about the same consumption as before I started losing the weight except that I switched from heavier craft beers to Ultra.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I only have a coke zero occasionally, I find a lot of fizzy drinks make me feel a bit anxious and nervy, so try to avoid when I can. Occasionally if I have a bad headache I will go for normal Coke as it seems to help get rid of the headache, whereas water makes me feel ill !
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Anecdotal evidence everywhere
  • dleithaus
    dleithaus Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    how bad is it, when i stopped working out i got back into diet soda, now im trying to wean myself off by drinking coke zero am i basically wasting my time?

This kinda funny.
    Coke Zero is diet soda. So with that logical argument out of the way...

Substitute "smoking" for diet soda and Coke Zero.

"how bad is it, when i stopped working out i got back into smoking, now im trying to wean myself off by smoking, am i basically wasting my time?"

Answer... yes.
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds since March starting at 6' 195 and I drink at least 3 cans worth of Coke Zero a day. I love Diet Dr. Pepper too and occasionally substitute it for the coke. On the other hand, I drink a boatload of water each day as well as at least 1 beer a day, usually an Ultra. That's about the same consumption as before I started losing the weight except that I switched from heavier craft beers to Ultra.

Thank you for saying this! I have a friend who constantly points out the research that artificial sweeteners can make you fatter because your body thinks its getting sugar, so when it realizes it didn't, it makes you crave real sugar. Baloney! I drink Diet Dr Pepper to the extreme (way too much) and have lost 19 lbs by counting calories. As the article that this friend sent me clearly stated, if you are counting your calories, it doesn't matter. Now, you can make all the arguments about sodium that you want, but me personally, I am only counting calories :)
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    there really isn't evidence that sugar substitutes are bad for you, however, you're still drinking all that sodium and phosphoric acid and crap. Plus it keeps you accustomed to drinking sweet carbonated drinks

I quit my 6+ can a day soda habit by switching to iced tea sweetened with lemonade, then I cut down the sweet stuff until I was drinking pure tea, then I went to work on getting off the caffeine.

now that I drink almost only water with the occasional unsweetened tea or coffee and I hope I never go back
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I drink pepsie max or coke zero,I feel great ive lost 57 pounds.I stoped drinking diet soda from sep of last year till dec, I did not feel any diffrent than I did when I drank it.
  • kirst8489
    kirst8489 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i drink 2-3 diet cokes a day and im still losing weight - its much better than some of the other options out there, i tried volvic water the other day (flavoured0 and it was 50cals for one cup!! =/ i never drink anything over 15 cals, i find drinking diet coke does make me bloat though when i have it with a meal but like i said im still losing weight x