My Big Fat Greek Pita

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
2029pita3.jpg

(Entire pita: 205 calories, 1g fat, 485mg sodium, 43g carbs, 12g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 15g protein = 3 Points)

This filling pita pays homage to Greek cooking (without all the oil!). HG Tip! If you can find it, a little bit of fat-free feta works GREAT with this recipe...

Ingredients:

1 Western Bagel Alternative Pita

2 oz. Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt

1 small onion; sliced

1/2 cup sliced red and green peppers

2 cups fresh spinach

1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes

salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder

red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

In a small dish, combine yogurt with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder (season to taste). For some added spice, add red pepper flakes. In a skillet sprayed with no-cal cooking spray, cook onions and peppers over medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes. Add spinach and tomatoes, and cook until spinach leaves have lost their volume. Remove from heat, and mix veggies with yogurt sauce. Cut pita in half (toast if desired) and stuff with veggie mix.

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    2029pita3.jpg

(Entire pita: 205 calories, 1g fat, 485mg sodium, 43g carbs, 12g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 15g protein = 3 Points)

This filling pita pays homage to Greek cooking (without all the oil!). HG Tip! If you can find it, a little bit of fat-free feta works GREAT with this recipe...

Ingredients:

1 Western Bagel Alternative Pita

2 oz. Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt

1 small onion; sliced

1/2 cup sliced red and green peppers

2 cups fresh spinach

1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes

salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder

red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

In a small dish, combine yogurt with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder (season to taste). For some added spice, add red pepper flakes. In a skillet sprayed with no-cal cooking spray, cook onions and peppers over medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes. Add spinach and tomatoes, and cook until spinach leaves have lost their volume. Remove from heat, and mix veggies with yogurt sauce. Cut pita in half (toast if desired) and stuff with veggie mix.
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thx! This is my very filling and healthy snack this evening.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome!:bigsmile: