Down 3 pounds in 10 days...

I am happy with this...but wanted more impact! Maybe I am a little bummed because my hubby has lost 9 pounds total since the 11th, and I have only lost 4 total. I am trying to be happy with that though, since it is 2 lbs a week and I am on the plan for 1 lb a week.
And I got to have delicious meals all week, work in the yard...even ate lunch out (where I didn't skimp) twice and never went over my allotted amount of calories!
It is super hard for me to eat less than 2000 calories a day...I feel almost like I am depriving myself on some of those occasions. I exercise every day to compensate for the eating I want to do. I am really active right now (especially since school is out for summer) with cleaning and cooking about 1 and half hours a day, walking every day, and doing between 1/2 hour and an hour of yard work every day...it feels so good to move!
So, I guess I am happy about the loss, and if I want something more dramatic than that I need to re-evaluate my meal plans a little :)

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    men traditionlly lose faster than us women, its why we hate them
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    sounds like your doing GREAT! Keep it up! Definetly don't be discouraged with your loss vs. your hubby's either - men do tend to loose faster - its all good! Your loosing and thats all that matters!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    You didn't gain overnight and it certainly won't go away overnight!! Your weight loss is actually really good for 10 days and it will slow down from here most likely! You'll need to change your mindset to avoid getting over frustrated, it isn't a race! If you don't give up you'll get there eventually if you give up you never will!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member

:laugh: What she said!!! My man can not work for a month, get a belly, go to work for one day and poof!!! It's gone. It's really not fair :tongue:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Not to be crude... but men can fart and lose weight. So not fair! But seriously, 3 pounds in 10 days is PHENOMENAL!!! Don't let this discourage you at all. I worked at 3 pounds for 3 months!!! Just keep remembering that this is not a race to the finish line. If you lose a couple more pounds in the next 10 days... just think where you will be in a couple weeks? A couple months? Half a year? Keep doing what you are doing because it's working!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member

Yup..so true. Every morning hubby says " na na na na na na I'm gonna get to ONEderland before you" (in a singing voice..he's a morning person)..And every morning I say " Shut it!!!" (NOT a morning person) If he does I'm gonna beat him up..LOL.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    As everyone has said, men lose quicker than women. That being said, don't compare your weight loss to his. Your bodies are different and so your weight loss journey will be too. 3 pounds in 10 days is good! In general, 2lbs a week is a good rule of thumb. If you lose faster than that, it can be unhealthy. If you feel like you are eating enough, exercising enough, and you're still seeing good results, don't worry about changing anything. I would only re-evaluate your caloric intake when you hit a plateau and things aren't working for you anymore. You're losing at a great pace! Keep it up and good luck!
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Well said foreverloved... And I just want to add that you really don't want to lose it way too fast either. You're actually doing very well. So chin up! Losing weight is always a fight you take one pound at a time. :) G'luck!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Men always seem to lose faster than women. Don't let it get you down.
    You are losing at a healthy rate. You also may be losing inches . I too have a slow weight loss.
    Some weeks I stay the same and some maybe only a half of a lb.
    I look at it as at least it is a loss. I also have kept it off.
    Make sure you drink your water and get at least your 5 servings of fruits and veggies.
    I must say the more veggies I eat the better the weight loss. Maybe I get rid of 1 lb never any more. Lol
    It has been forever since I had a 2 lb weight loss for 1 week.
    I keep trying though.
    Keep up the good work. Whatever the loss is. It is closer to your goal.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Thanks, all :) The support really does feel great! On the positive side, I feel a lot better...I know I have been eating really clean and the fresh local fruits are super delish...and I have been enjoying it! It is a lifestyle change...
    I guess packing on twelve pounds between April and June is why I am upset with myself...between my Thyroid levels going majorly crazy and readjusting my meds (I had it completely removed in 06 and been on hormone replacement since then) and a lot of personal/health issues I was depressed and I let myself get really sedentary, as well as careless with what I was eating.
    BUT now I do feel great and have really been enjoying the outdoors and healthier cooking...and am having a love affair with non fat Greek Yougurt (shhh! Don't tell the Mr.!) Pretty soon I will be under 200, and back into my jeans!
  • EffaJane
    EffaJane Posts: 17 Member
    great job