Gaining weight???

Options
so it's been a bit warmer lately and I've been drinking a few bottles of water more over the last week. I weighed in on fri and only lost 1/2 lb this week. But I checked my weight this morning and yesterday morning and I was a pound and half more then fri, both days. I'd been doing really well before this week, weightloss wise. The last two days included one 40 min walk and both days I had a couple hunderd calories left.

Could this all be from water? B/c now I'm starting to hate water.

Replies

• hannahjoanne2011
    Options
    if ur exercising ur fat will b turning into muscle which weighs heavier than fat so it could be that
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You may just be retaining water. Did you have some high sodium days? Keep drinking your water, make sure you eat enough, and you will see results.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates throughout the week. It's frustrating but try to keep that in mind. Do you watch your sodium? That can play a role as well.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Don't hate water! it's very possible that it can be water plus, it seems you're weighing yourself too often. I have that problem. I weigh myself EVERYDAY and it really does fluctuate. I only log in my weight weekly though to get a better picture of my weight loss :)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    This what I do to trick the scales..... I drink all my water by supper time... then I just sip if I need anymore the rest of the evening LOL
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been drinking a lot of water lately and then you suddenly intake a good amount, yes your body may hold on to it. If you continue drinking 80-100oz a day, your body will realize "Hey...we aren't in a drought" and will release it out again, essentially flushing your system. A steady high intake of water will NOT make you gain weight, it will however help you lose weight, have beautiful skin, assist in flushing out fat and toxins ect..
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Advise: keep drinking the water - it helps flush things out. If you don't drink enough - your body gets efficient and keeps more - thus increasing weight. Walking is good - but you have to push yourself to walk faster, higher, harder to get a good calorie burn. Also - the scale is not always the point. Is anything fitting better? Are you losing inches? Might be time to measure again. If you are in a plateau - how you get through this (kicking and fighting or giving up) is going to be a test of how well you are going to do overall. Keep up the good work, eat healthy, work out hard and you can be proud of yourself.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    okay, I'll keep on with the water...but the night before I weigh in I'll drink a little less ;-). I did lose 1/2 an inch! I haven't noticed to big a difference with my clothes...but when I do I'll let you know! xoxo
  • joanpeters
    Options
    Do you know what your sodium intake was those days. The body uses salt to hold water in hot weather. I know a lot of the prepared low calorie foods are very high in sodium. Just a thought.:smile:
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    okay, I'll keep on with the water...but the night before I weigh in I'll drink a little less ;-). I did lose 1/2 an inch! I haven't noticed to big a difference with my clothes...but when I do I'll let you know! xoxo

Okay kiddo - you should just pee out the extra water so don't skimp! I try to drink as much as possible the night before a weigh in - I want to flush out everything i can! :happy: