Mission Me!!!

Options
Hey all! I'm new here so thought I'd introduce myself! I'm 34 years old, live in Ft. Myers, FL, and have struggled with my weight FOREVER! I can't remember a time when I was happy with my body. I was bullied and teased most of my life and have very little self esteem at a result. I've been on diet after diet and fluctuated between 160 and 250lbs since junior high school. I have never put myself first and my health and weight are proof of that. I'm getting married next spring and besides wanting to look fabulous, I want to change my eating habits for the sake of my future family. I don't want my kids growing up with the terrible eating habits that I did. I don't want them to be ashamed of how they look or get teased like I did. I NEED to change and I WANT to more than anything!

I hope MFP and the support of other MFP users will help me meet my health and fitness goals!

Replies

• astilson33
    astilson33 Posts: 52
    Options
    This is my 5th day here and I LOVE IT! I've been stickin with it and already lost a few lbs. :) I hope you like it as much as I do! WELCOME!
  • xxmissnothing
    Options
    Well, the first step to changing is wanting to do it, and you clearly want to be a different person. I've been creating profiles and deleting them on MFP for over a year now, but I cannot live without it, it helped me lost a LOT of weight, Good luck there :)
  • boji4ever
    boji4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just starting to after a lifetime of yo yo dieting. I'm 44 and want to run a 5k with my son next spring. I've fluctuated between 140 when I got married 23 years ago and 240. Closer to the latter right now unfortunately! Would love to add you as a friend and keep updated and motivated!
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    astilsom33 - I do love it!! Only joined yesterday, but it's certainly holding me accountable for what I eat!

xxmissnothing - I'm glad to hear you've had such success! Thanks for the good luck wishes!
  • jerome_ng88
    Options
    well done! you've come to the right place!

what u need to remember is that it is going to be a slow process and its about changing your lifestyle in non-drastic ways. dont beat yourself up over failed daily goals, but you must objectively keep in mind what what you have and have not been adhering to!

try starting a nice slow exercise program and you'll be on your way in no time!!!!

good luck!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good decision!!! I started struggling with my weight when I was mid 30 and it just constantly went up from there, like really up, within a year I went from 135 to 200. And I stayed there, diet after diet I went down to 184 and up to 260. So I know loosing weight is not a wish come true, it is eating right and EXERCISING. This is my 3rd week and I lost 11 lbs, I started together with my husband who lost 8 lbs in the same time, we are excited!!! It is so helpful to see where you make wrong decisions in eating habits while entering them and what influence exercise has on the calorie intake AND we feel better!!!

Good luck and congratulations on the start to a healthier you!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome!....I fairly new here myself. One thing I love about MFP is that you are not alone. It keeps track of everything you need to reach your goal. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Golfbeerhorse
    Golfbeerhorse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are going to LOVE this site, I have went all over the board, I have tried every diet out there I have went from 360 to 250 and back again. Every program I ever did left me craving items like breads, pizza, chips, desserts, and so on but with this I eat what I want but just make adjustments in the day to cover it. I have found I don't have those cravings as bad any more and have been amazed at how full I am. Not to say there is not a rough day here and there but such is life. But people on the site have been great to talk to and have introduced us to some great foods that help us stay on track like PB2 and Miracle Noodles. I have been doing this now for 51 days and have lost 41 lbs and my wife has also been doing it and lost close to 30 lbs. For the first time in my life I feel I am going to hit my goal and maybe even more, and actually keep the weight off for good this time. Good luck to you and hope you hit your target by the wedding keep us all informed.
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcome messages, everyone!! It's so great that there's so much support here! I love it!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Anyone here also on the Beachbody Message Boards? I started a thread there, also. Just finished working out, so it's shower time! It's so great that these message boards are so active!
  • ginabina13
    Options
    I can't believe I'm on Day 18 of P90, it doesn't feel like I've been doing it that long! Time is flying by! I'm already feeling a lot better and noticing some changes in my body. It certainly a lot easier when I keep telling myself I'm worth all the work, that my health and my future depend on what I'm doing everyday! I've always done well when I'm training for something big, for example, back in 2003 and 2004 I participated in a charity bike ride from St. Paul, MN to Chicago, IL, 532 miles in 6 days all to raise money for AIDS charities. It was an amazing experience that took a lot or endurance training, especially for a girl who weighed 220-240 lbs. I worked unbelievably hard to prepare for that. Was in the gym on the elliptical and stationary bike for hours. On weekends, I worked up to 100 mile bike rides out on the trails. I actually rode to the Wisconsin border on one crazy rainy day! Now, even though I'm not in preparation for a specific event like that one, I'm trying to keep that same mindset. Only this time, I'm training for LIFE, my future family, my future health! So far that mindset is working for me!! Keep up the hard work everyone!!