Hello Everyone!

Options
I started my fitness pal via the app while searching the market on my phone about a month ago and was very consistent with entering all my food, water, and exercise daily. I admittedly slacked off a bit over the past couple of weeks and am so excited to start back logging in all my information through my computer (so much easier).

A quick little bit about my journey,

I was always the cubby overweight kid growing up all the way through to the first 3 years of my undergraduate degree. A friend and I began walking everyday in March and this jolted me into running. I started off slowly (running the straights and walking the curves on my school's track). I eventually got up to doing at least 5 or 6 miles every morning only running/jogging. I trained and did the Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon in Atlanta that November. I jogged, but never walked during the 13.1 miles...I guess from the excitment of thinkiing I was actually doing it! I continued running and went from around 203lbs in March 2007 to around 135lbs that Fall. Yay! ..or so I thought.

I did it! BUT looking back now I realize I did it the wrong way. Remembering what I ate during this time (which wasn't very much and was the same thing almost everyday) it wasn't nearly enough calories. Essentially, I was starving myself without realizing it. So, I was finally skinny but as soon as I started eating normally again (but still healthy) I started gaining weight back.

So, here I am now. I got married after I completed my undergraduate degree and starting teaching ( I was a band director) for two years before returning to graduate school where I am now. During that time, I've gained all the weight I lost back, well up to 195lbs anyway, and am ready to get it off again. Only this time the right way.

I look forward to all the help my fitness pal has to offer!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey. I am glad you want to do it the right way this time around. I too am learning the right way as well!!