Beachbody Programs

Options
Hi all! I've noticed some threads about specific Beachbody fitness programs, but I didn't go through everything in exercise to see if there was an all inclusive group. I'm starting my 2nd week of P90, mainly because that's the only program I have access to at the moment, and I'd like to chat with other BB enthusiasts who also use MFP.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I've done quite a few of them, including P90. I've done three or so rounds of P90X. Right now, I'm doing a hybrid that's mostly Slim Series. I keep coming back to Debbie Siebers. She's my favorite BB trainer.
  • lisa35007
    lisa35007 Posts: 1
    Options
    What do you guys think about P90X? I have it and Insanity but have not done either of them but was thinking about starting P90X. I need to lose at least 60 pounds so I'm not sure that's where I need to start
  • hollydownes
    hollydownes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I have been doing Slim n SIx with Debbie Siebers for years and I LOVE it! I see big changes in my body after just a week of doing the workout. =) I have to admit I have not tried any other BB workouts so I have nothing to compare it to...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about P90X? I have it and Insanity but have not done either of them but was thinking about starting P90X. I need to lose at least 60 pounds so I'm not sure that's where I need to start
    I've never done Insanity, but the people I know who have done that and P90X say Insanity is harder, so if you're trying to decide between those two, I'd recommend P90X. That said, Slim In 6 and Slim Series are my personal favorites, particularly Slim Series.
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    I haven't tried P90X or Insanity yet, but I hope to. I've heard Insanity is heavy cardio, so be prepared to sweat!
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    You can see my results at the link below. This is with P90X!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/273529-guys-p90x-day-60-results

It is the best workout I have ever tried. Im on day 77 today and lost 36 pounds so far! I cant wait for 14 more days to graduate!

BIlly
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have P90X and Turbo Fire. I didn't care that much for P90X, but hopefully will try it again one day... However, I do love Turbo Fire! :)
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I did P90X, and liked it. I am currently doing Chalen extreme, which surprisingly, I love way more than P90X.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've done full rounds of P90X, P90X+, Insanity, ChaLean Extreme, Turbo Fire and have dabbled with indivdiual workouts from RevAbs, Turbo Jam, & Hip Hop Abs. I also just ordered Asylum.

My all times favorite, go to workouts...ChaLean Extreme for strength training and Turbo anything for cardio.

I started it all off with P90X, but I'll be honest, it is VERY, VERY time heavy. If you can't commit to a MINIMUM of 70 minutes per day to workout, find something else. It's a great program, but not for everyone.

Insanity leaned me out the most, but my body wasn't very happy with me. For me, just too much plyometric jumping. My old body can't take it. That said, I'm still giving Asylum a run through just to say I've done it. I can do anything for 30 days, right?

As I said, my two favorites are ChaLean Extreme and Turbo (I teach Turbo Kick, and either do TK or Turbo Fire at home for cardio work).

All are very good programs...I think the most important aspect of them, though, is that they come with solidly planned nutritional guides. As you know, nutrition is 80% of the equation.

Whatever you decide to do, just make sure you enjoy it so that you will, without a doubt, crush that play button every day!!
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity and have done Turbo Jam! I also have the Shakeology workouts! Beachbody products are amazing! They have quality stuff!! That's why I became a Beachbody Coach! I believe in their products! It looks like many of you do too! :)
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity and loved it! It did kick my butt, but it was all worth it. I'm starting a P90X/Insanity hybrid tomorrow, so we'll see what I think of P90X.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity and have done Turbo Jam! I also have the Shakeology workouts! Beachbody products are amazing! They have quality stuff!! That's why I became a Beachbody Coach! I believe in their products! It looks like many of you do too! :)

This is why I became a coach too!
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    I've done Insanity and Ten Minute Trainer. I love them both, but Insanity is a lot of work...if you're not ready for it then I wouldn't push. I LOVE ten minute trainer for days that I don't have enough time to do a full workout or when I'm getting bored with my regular workout. It's fantastic.
  • carin_cress
    carin_cress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am just stariting week 16 of TurboFire and I love it. I am seeing great results. I have lost 14 lbs and around 12 inches off my body. I am also training to become a Turbo Kick instructor. I have to say BB workouts have changed my life.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am on my fourth consecutive round of P90X (Classic) and needless to say I am quite addicted. I haven't tried any other programs, but I hear great things about TurboFire, Insanity, and Asylum. From what I understand all of those are heavier on cardio than P90X but I really love the weight lifting aspect of P90X. My plan is to get P90X2 when it comes out later this year. Someday I might try another BB program, but for now I'm sticking with Prof. Horton ;)

I really think BB is a great place for quality fitness programs tho'... you can't go too wrong with any of them!

Cheers!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of P90X users out there... very cool! I recently finished my 90 days of TurboFire, and just finished my first week of the ChaLEAN Extreme/TurboFire hybrid program. So far, I really love CLX! The ab workouts are simply amazing. I just joined MFP recently after buying a heart rate monitor-- so I'm trying to really track my calories. I found that I burn a lot of calories doing TF, and I was just not eating enough to lose the weight that I wanted. But I totally believe in the programs and it's so awesome to see so many BB fans here! :smile:
  • SuziScott
    SuziScott Posts: 57
    Options
    I did p90x, Insanity, and now on day 22 of asylum. So far Asylum is my favorite. I love how it is changing my body! When I am done I plan to do the Insanity/Asylum Hybrid.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am a Beachbody fan!!!! I started almost a year ago with P90X, went to Insanity, did an Insanity/P90X hybrid with running and just got done with Asylum. Love them all! I even went to work out with Shaun T on my birthday last year to celebrate the completion of Insanity for me! I have lost 34 pounds (8 pounds more than I had as a goal) and have gained confidence and got my life back! I would recommend these programs to anyone!
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    It's so great to see all the Beachbody fans out there! I appreciate all the info on the different workouts too. Like I mentioned previously, I only have P90 and want to invest in another program. I have knee and back issues so I want to make sure whatever I get is something I can do without too many issues. I have trouble with a lot of jumping because of my knees, so Insanity probably wouldn't be a wise way to go. Any suggestions for what might be best?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend ChaLEAN Extreme if you can't do too much jumping.