30 day shred i haven't lost any weight.

Options
For the past 2 weeks i changed my calorie intake to 1,400 instead of 1,200 and with added exercise it's 1,600. I lost inches with 30 day shred but i haven't lost any weight at all.... it says i was supposed to lose up to 20.... :( It makes me so upset because the past 2 months thats what i wanted is to get out of the 140's. i see everyone else losing on the scale, but im not. i know everyones different.
Should i change it back to 1,200 and with added exercise it would be 1,400? or something else?

Here's June 10 to 20th on the 30 day shred.

before-and-after-1.png

i know im sliming down but even with measuring i barely see a difference.... I know i've gained muscle which is great but come on what's going on?

My diary is to the public so feel free to look at it.

Replies

• campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am on day 23 of the shred and I have lost inches but no weight. I was bummed at first but I am much happier with looking better than the magical number on the scale. I am in the 150s and i had hoped that the shred would put me in the 140s but i have come to peace with the 150s i think! hope this helps!
  • healthybones
    healthybones Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add more variety to your meals. Eating the same things/meals constantly can be detrimental in that your body begins to develop a food memory & becomes more efficient. More efficient=less calories burned/used up by your body to breakdown the food.
  • getitgohard
    Options
    I checked out your food diary and notice you eat a lot of things like bread, starches, but not necessarily enough fruits and vegetables. Aim for eating much more of those, and less bread. Maybe that will help :)!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. I read some didn't lose until the second ten days, but everyone is diff.
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i looked at your diary and it doesnt seem like you are eating any veggies. all i saw was fiber and protein. those are great things! but not exactly balanced. and on something like 30 day shred ur gonna lose more body fat % than actual lbs. it does seem weird tho that you havent seen more results even with measurements
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables!!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 and haven't lost any inches, but a couple of pounds, which makes me think it's just water weight....anyway, I'll keep doing it because I know for a fact I'm working hard and it's gonna benefit me in the long run. I can understand how it can be frustrating, though.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I am on D15 L2 and have lost inches (8) and no weight also.i got kinda bummed also,but we are still losing inches and slimming down.I DO see alot of differance in my legs!
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of success with 30 day shred but I lost all the weight in the last 10 days of it. Keep at it. I have done the shred twice and the second round I didn't eat as well, I still stayed in my calorie limit but was eating more junk. I didn't loose as much the second round because of it. Also try not to worry about the scale as much (trust me I know it's hard) but realize inches are what people and your clothes notice. :)
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    Add more variety to your meals. Eating the same things/meals constantly can be detrimental in that your body begins to develop a food memory & becomes more efficient. More efficient=less calories burned/used up by your body to breakdown the food.

I completely agree. Also are you watching your sodium, carbs, and sugar intake? These are big things to watch.
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options

I completely agree. Also are you watching your sodium, carbs, and sugar intake? These are big things to watch.

i barely eat any salt. As for carbs and sugar that's what im trying to keep down and eat more protein and get fiber
  • conniie
    Options
    Even tho im staying in range of everything should i still be losing ? I know i should eat more veggies DX and fruits but its hard to grab one before my dad eats them all.
  • conniie
    Options
    bump
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    try zigzagging your calories i'm on day 21 of shred and i've lost a total of 8 inches...and 3 lbs....i love the results so far...yes i wish the scale would move so i'm trying something different this week....zigzagging my calories....so today i aimed for 1600.....then 1500...then 1200...than 1500 than 1600....than 1200....plus i'm was running 3.2 miles after the shred 6 days a week.....saturdays my rest day....but now i'm going to alternate my running to every other day.....i'm hoping to see a difference!!! Maybe you should try that too....:O)
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the 30 day shred, but I have been working out 6 days a week and staying on track with calories. I am also struggling with losing weight. It is very frustrating, but, also consider sometimes you don't want to lower your calories but raise them, maybe your body isn't getting enough calories. Like a few other people said, maybe you are not getting your calories from the right area either. Possibly avoid starchy carbs or at least after lunch avoid them and concentrate on adding more fruits and veggies. I am taking a hard look at my food right now to figure out what I need to change.

I am frustrated too, I feel like my body is this big science experiment and I can't figure out what I need to do to make it lose. But, the most important thing...keep trying and don't give up. Everyones body is different and does different things with what you put in it. Good luck!
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the shred today :)