Help on meditation

I'm looking to start using meditation to help me be healthier in mind while I'm working to get my body healthy. I read EAT, PRAY, LOVE and it really touched me in how I need "me time" to just focus on me, be kind to me, be forgivng of me...and so on. I just don't know where to start. I wouldn't say I'm religious but I am spiritual, and just looking to find a website, a book, anything that will get me on the right path. I'm looking at taking a 2 day retreat for me to kick this off. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I love how this site helps us all in so many ways :heart:

Replies

• TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    You might check out some of the dvd's Rodney Yee has out. I have one that has about a 40 minute session on meditation - how to get into the proper position and breathing techniques. It was a helpful place to get started.
  • pavanneh
    pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
    There are some great meditation, self-hypnosis CD's by Dr. David Illig. I am using them myself and find they really help. There is one CD i particularly like for meditation and relaxation, I can'tt rememberf the name of it. I usually just know it by the color and put it in my player. When I get home I will let you know the name of it. Hope this helps.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    I actually just got home from the Buddhist center in my area where I take meditation "beginner" sessions. All they ask for is a donation, and I really learn a lot about the practice. You should google meditation or Buddhist centers in your area to see if there is something similar!