Hello from the UP

tandy420
tandy420 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!!!
I just joined today to lose the weight I gained while pregnant along with some additional weight I had been carrying around. I live in the UP of Michigan & had my first child, Ava on 8-15-08. I lost 23lbs within 1 week of her birth, and it has been slow going since then. I am retaining a ton of water still, but the Dr. doesn't want me to take anything for it. I would be interested in any tips anyone has.

Replies

• Hi everyone!!!
    I just joined today to lose the weight I gained while pregnant along with some additional weight I had been carrying around. I live in the UP of Michigan & had my first child, Ava on 8-15-08. I lost 23lbs within 1 week of her birth, and it has been slow going since then. I am retaining a ton of water still, but the Dr. doesn't want me to take anything for it. I would be interested in any tips anyone has.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome!!!

Keep drinking water and ban the extra salts from your foods. Just give yourself maybe a goal of 3 days to not eat things that are pre-made...Try to cook it all and see how you feel. That will give you a good feeling and make you re-evaluate your foods.

What are you typically eating right now?

When I'm feeling fluffy I stay clear of ALL sodas, lower my breads considerably, reevaluate my snacks, and push the veggies and fruits. Will this help?
  • Welcome!!
    I am from the UP of Michigan as well. I usually retain a lot of water from some of my medication and I have to really watch my sodium intake. Drink a ton of water. I usually drink about 96 oz of water a day and a ton of veggies not canned usually fresh or frozen because canned has a ton of sodium in them. Try doing some fresh fruits as well as the above posted recommended. Try eating all natural foods and try rinsing all of your foods before cooking them to reduce the sodium off of them.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome & congrats on the new little one!:flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Hey I was born in Saginaw, and have family in the UP! Ya, we are yoopers, all right!

In fact next summer, we're having a family reunion in Grand Marais (I love MI in the summer/fall - but after living in CA for decades, I just couldn't do the winters!!)
This discussion has been closed.