Work out clothes

Options
Where does everyone go for work out clothes? I went to ****'s Sporting goods and found some basics, but I would like more without breaking the bank. Since it's summer I'd really like to get some breathable tank tops.

Thanks in advance for the advice everyone :]

Replies

• journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Kohls has some, and they are usually on sale.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i tend to wear 3/4 capris and have a bra/crop top on lol too hot for the tank over the top during cardio sessions
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just found some cute sets at JC Penney, they were like 40% off. Academy Sports sometimes has cute stuff on clearance too, you just have to look.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I saw Kohls had some but didn't have time to check them out. I'd love to wear just my sports bra but I've still have too much of a tummy to comfortable like that in public.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    My local sporting goods store carries some lower priced brands and often has good sales. I got new running shorts for $15 the other day. At ****'s, I stick to the sale rack! Generally, I just invest in a couple necessities (good sports bra!) and then skimp on the less important stuff (I don't own running tops - just Hanes tank tops).
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LUCY. (check out their website for a store near you www.lucy.com).

I have a few, quality outfits and wash frequently. Lucy will last forever and they have cuts for their workout pants that are a relaxed fit and will accomodate some curves. :-)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Try Ross's or TJ Max. You can usually get clothes from $10-15 dollars or Wal-Mart the Danskin clothes are actually nice to working out.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    Try some discount stores like Ross. Every time I go there, they have a ton of workout clothes.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Try Ross's or TJ Max. You can usually get clothes from $10-15 dollars or Wal-Mart the Danskin clothes are actually nice to working out.

I've found decent things at the above stores, too, but make sure to try things on and stick with brands you recognize. I've gotten cute Calvin Klein long length running hoodie and seen a lot of Reebok and Nike stuff decently marked down.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx & Marshalls have great workout clothes (Adidas, Nike, etc.) for MUCH cheaper than other sporting goods stores. Also, Target has the Championship brand for decent prices as well. But always be sure to check the clearance section!! I usually get my workout stuff from the clearance section, unless I find something I'm in love with!
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like Champion (online), they have lots of sales and good sports bras. Target has a pretty good selection of tops and bottoms as well. I tend to spend more of money on well-constructed bottoms and shoes because they last longer than my tops. Tops take the brute force of my sweating and zinc oxide sunscreens and aren't worth paying full price for.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I got some at JC Penney for a decent price! They are cute too! I also got some at Kohl's but I found them a bit more expensive there and they didn't have as much of a selection.
  • leanan21
    leanan21 Posts: 13
    Options
    I like Target for cheaper workout tops like tanks. Old Navy has $15 running shorts that I love. I always invest in sports bras, though--I cannot recommend the "Glory" bra from Athleta enough. It's amazing.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. So far my work out clothes include: two sports bras, a pair of shorts, a pair of carpis, a t shirt and a long slevee shirt. [it was on clearance at the time and was bright orange so I bought it].

I def. will check out lucy's and target and such.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    walmart had shorts (long ones too) and capris about $7 or $8, tops too.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    why did you asterisk the name of the store?? did you mean ****'s SPORTING GOODS? because i know they have a huge clearance rack now that it is summer time.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    why did you asterisk the name of the store?? did you mean ****'s SPORTING GOODS? because i know they have a huge clearance rack now that it is summer time.

OHHH HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA it does it by it's self... **** **** **** **** **** ****.... lol
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I don't care what anyone says, a pair of leggings and a vest top does for me! Need a pretty decent support bra though esp if jumping up and down
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    I buy the Trek Gear bras from Kohl's (on sale for $16.99 right now). They are more expensive than the Hanes sports bras that I used to buy, but they last and look super-cute. I have a Trek Gear bra that I bough in January that is still as supportive as when I bought it, but the Hanes sports bras wore out after ~3 months. I also don't through my sports bras into the dryer (they usually dry by the next morning).

For shirts and bottoms, I buy them at Target. For running, I have a pair of C9 running tights and two C9 running shirts that are moisture wicking. When I do my yoga or pilates DVDs, I have a pair of C9 capris and tanks (that Target no longer carries).
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    I get stuff at Target and/or Wal Mart.