Tummy Tuck time

Options

Replies

• mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    I praying for a healthy recovery for you!
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm awake because I'm having a tummy tuck in a few hours (7:30 a.m.) and I'm so nervous, I can't sleep. My Dr. is giving me a pain pump for the first 4 days. I'm hoping that it helps. He says I'll be completely numb. I'll definitely be getting on here to see how your recovery is going and if you have any other good advice, as you're a few days ahead of me. I hope you feel better soon. :)
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had a Fleur-De-Lis tummy tuck done at the end of March, this year. I know that the first 3-5 days are the worst. Once the major pain medications wear off (from the hospital) it is pretty rough, but the one thing I did notice is that every day the pain lessened. I agree the drains are the worst...*lol* I also had some problems with my belly button. If you have any issues there, as in itching, not healing, oozing etc, get it checked quickly because if it is not an infection (usually isn't) it is probably a stitch that didn't come out, or dissolve. I had this problem. In fact, once he removed that stitch, it seems that I have no belly button at all. *lol* So maybe I'll have one tattooed on.

Keep us posted, and remember TAKE IT EASY. I got back on the treadmill after the end of the third week, gingerly I might add. Once you start working out again, remember to wear your binder, or get one of those Spanx-like body molders.
  • Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Update...let me see if I can answer some questions. The Tummy tuck was 5,500.00. That does include everything and I think it is a small price to pay to feel like myself again. I got to see my tummy today for the first time. What can I say other than it was the first time I saw my belly button in 21 years. Pretty emotional. It was like looking at someone else. There is nothing worse than working so hard to reach your goals and look in the mirror thinking there is still something wrong. This was my fix. I know it is not for everyone and I am not a selfish person. I have spent 21 years raising my beautiful kids, sacrificing everything for them. This was the FIRST selfish thing I ever asked my husband for and he totally supported me. I still am sore but know this will change my life.
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Had my TT yesterday. I didn't think it would be as bad as it is. VERY sore. Came home this evening from the hospital. I saw my tummy this afternoon when the surgeon came to check me. You're right - it's like looking at someone else's body. I know I'll be happy in a few weeks when I'm feeling better. Hope you're feeling well. :)
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Update...let me see if I can answer some questions. The Tummy tuck was 5,500.00. That does include everything and I think it is a small price to pay to feel like myself again. I got to see my tummy today for the first time. What can I say other than it was the first time I saw my belly button in 21 years. Pretty emotional. It was like looking at someone else. There is nothing worse than working so hard to reach your goals and look in the mirror thinking there is still something wrong. This was my fix. I know it is not for everyone and I am not a selfish person. I have spent 21 years raising my beautiful kids, sacrificing everything for them. This was the FIRST selfish thing I ever asked my husband for and he totally supported me. I still am sore but know this will change my life.

You deserve it girl! You surely worked your hiney off to get where you are today, so amazed by you! Congratulations, and I hope you heal quickly! Good for you!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you absolutely deserve it!!! you have worked so hard and come so far!!!! i'm wishing you a speedy recovery!!!! xoxoxoxo
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Evette, You are a woman to admire and probably the least selfish person I know. Being a mom is a big job and we sacrfice everyday but we do it with humbleness. I can total relate to looking in the mirror and thinking something is wrong with me. Even being naked is uncomfortbale because of the stretchmarks. Thank you for sharing the update. This makes me feel better about making the decision when the time is right. Hope your recovery goes by fast and enjoy the new you! Aloha, Tina
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm considering a TT as well once I get this weight off. Thanks for keeping us update with your progress.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You deserve it! Can't wait for my tummy tuck next year hopefully!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I wish you all the best with your healing and recovery! :flowerforyou:

As for the pain... how comparable is it to a c-section? I've had four c-sections and my tummy is ruined. I know it will never look decent without surgery to repair it.... I'm just not sure how much it matters to me yet.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a question that I hope doesn't offend anyone.
    What about the scar? I've seen before and after pics and it seems that the scar is from hip to hip. That seems, to me, to sort of defeat the purpose of getting rid of stretch marks and c-section scars. I understand wanting to get rid of an apron of loose skin, that is different. Is the scar as drastic as it seems?
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My plan for a few years now has been to have a tummy tuck once I'm done having babies. I will be checking back to see how things are going. Here's to a speedy recovery! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats! glad all is going well :)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I hope your recovery is quick. I have a tummy tuck fund that I contribute to every month. Just need to get to goal and I will have surgery as well.
  • Cheeks768
    Cheeks768 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have a goal of losing right around 100# and after having had 3 kids I'm already saving for the tummy tuck that I know I'm going to need (want). I don't think there is anything selfish in doing something like this for yourself. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Jenn
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear all is well :flowerforyou: I look forward to your updates. Congratulations on choosing to do something for yourself. Sometimes we forgot that we're important too !! :bigsmile: To a speedy recovery :drinker:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I've contemplated a tummy tuck myself -- I had two 9-lb. boys, and I'm fairly short, so I have lots of hanging skin. I'm realizing how saggy now that I've lost 6 lbs. I also have an umbilical hernia from the kids, and a hospital near here that specializes in hernia surgery says that they have a plastic surgeon on staff who can do the tummy tuck at the same time as the hernia repair (since the surgeries both involve pulling muscles back together inside the abdomen). But I have to admit, I'm scared to do that if it's not "necessary."

Anybody else have a combined hernia/tummy tuck surgery?

And I'd also love to hear (if you are willing) about how big the scar is afterward. And how long are the drains in?

I applaud your courage to go through with it (all of you), and the courage to talk about it honestly.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I had a TT. I didn't glance at your age before I posted. I'm guessing the older you get, the harder it gets. But I was 39 when I had mine done. Here's the truth...

The surgery is very invasive. It is painful. You will have to have a drainage tube for a few days after surgery. You will not be able to stand up straight for about a week,so your back may get sore as well. Your actual downtime will probably about 4 weeks from surgery to feeling fairly normal again. Be prepared for a large scar, pelvic bone to pelvic bone. You will have a brand new belly button unless you have a mini tuck. You will be swollen for weeks, and then off and on for a year.

Now, having said all that, I would do it again in a heartbeat! My tummy is always flat, even if I gain a few pounds. So clothes fit better. Unless you plan to wear a string bikini, the scar has not ever been. An issue. It has faded a lot with time also.

Do your research, and my bet is that there is a surgeon who prides himself on the best TT's in town. Get before and after pics and referrals. Great luck to you! You will love it!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your TT, you deserve it!! Hope you heal fast :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!