Rewards?

Options
Do you reward yourself when you meet goals? What kinda of rewards to you give yourself? I have 5 mini goals and one ultimate goal. I would like to do small rewards that are inexpensive just to give myself a little push, but don't really know what to do. I received a gift certificate for a mani/pedi so I am sure I will use that as a reward, but I don't really have any other ideas....so I thought I would look to you lovely MFPers to see what, if anything, you do once you reach your goals. :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    A massage and then a healthy lunch!
  • KimberlyAbbas
    Options
    What about a cute new top? Or a fun pair of sandals? Or a facial?
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I do small ones all the way until my ultimate goal, too. My ultimate reward will be a new summer wardrobe.

Small ones were new belly button ring, bra @ Victoria's Secret, and the one I am itching to get next: Steve Madden boots. Yes, I know it is summer, but I live in Seattle, so it is still a decent choice, and one I will wear a lot. ;)
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just hit 50 pounds lost, and I'm going to get something from Victoria Secret..
    My final goal (which I haven't decided what it is yet) I am rewarding myself with a whole outfit from lululemon (I better start saving, haha).
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Big milestones get big rewards I've gotten treadmill peddles for my bike, running shows, new bike, swim gear, clothing items, horse equipment. I treat myself every 5 lbs. Lost
  • PattyByrd
    PattyByrd Posts: 2
    Options
    I reward myself by sending e-mails to close relatives and
    friends sharing my victory of one more pound off.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I just reached the half way point to my goal weight last week (a loss of 94 pounds) and I bought myself a horse. When I am 3/4 of the way to my goal weight (a loss of 141 pounds), I am goal to have him trained. Then when I reach my goal weight of 165 pounds I am going to learn to ride.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just reached the half way point to my goal weight last week (a loss of 94 pounds) and I bought myself a horse. When I am 3/4 of the way to my goal weight (a loss of 141 pounds), I am goal to have him trained. Then when I reach my goal weight of 165 pounds I am going to learn to ride.
    Wow, never expected that answer. Good for you.
  • PattyByrd
    PattyByrd Posts: 2
    Options
    I tell my husband that I have lost one more pound
    and then I tell him how many pounds total that is.
    Sharing success is a reward in itself.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i lost 18lbs then went on mu hols so i rewarded myself with 2 new pairs of jeans and some tops. I knew i was going to be needing them because my clothes were stupidly big so i saved every week so i could do it, i am now starting 2 save again 2 do another shopping trip at the end of july, but only if i loose another 8lbs .good luck. :smile:
  • dilona
    dilona Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a few mini goals along the way and one final goal with a big reward. So far I've got, a picnic in a nice seaside town, buy a new book, a facial, order some new makeup, a nice item of clothing, a night at a B&B (that one's the next to last) and my final goal has a visit to a huge shopping centre for a new wardrobe.
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My rewards so far have been: new gym gear, a few new tops, some super expensive face wash, a new exercise dvd, some really nice moisturiser which is supposed to help stop you from getting stretch marks and some new tracks for my mp3 to play at the gym!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I have one big goal.

My mini goals are all mental, I've broken them up into 5 pound sets. Every 5 pounds I take a picture of myself, and take the time to write down EVERY little change I've noticed.

Just the action of writing down how I've changed and how I feel seems to help me. But no, I don't do outside rewards because in my mind, if I gained 5 pounds and then lost it again, that would garner a 2nd undeserved reward.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I originally rewarded myself with close, but that became a necessity so it didn;t really feal like a reward (still good though) When I lost 50 pounds I bought some new work out clothes, 75 pounds I bought new shoes, skipped 100 pounds since 120 pounds put me under 200 and I bought myself a new grill...for some healthy grilled cooking. Some other rewards I set for myself when I hit plateaus and needed some incentive were new songs for my ipod.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am just a few pounds away from my 50 lb. goal, so I just ordered my self some scented lotion as a reward. When I lose all of the weight that I need to lose, I am going to reward myself with a new tattoo. I have also considered rewarding myself with pretty new nails maybe when I hit 75 pounds. I'm sure that when I reach my major goal, I'll also have to get a few new outfits too! LOL!
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    I like nail polish, so my mini goals will probably be just that. I am not sure what the ultimate goal one will be yet.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't stay with things for very long so I plan to reward myself with an HRM if I am on here for a long time and still working towards goals. I could probably make mini goals and if I did I would probably reward myself with clothing. I won't reward myself with food because I eat what I like or something special on a weekly basis, not on purpose though!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Reaching my goal WAS a reward in itself, and doubly sweet because it was on my birthday!

But I did get a tattoo the week prior. I wanted it healed for Warrior Dash the following week.
  • lacefacebug
    Options
    Hiya,
    I enjoy rewarding myself with low fat gluten/dairy/egg free cupcakes from bake-a-boos or I get a frozen yogurt from Snogg. Which of course I limit myself to half or a really small portion of but the reward does not go unnoticed. xo
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i like to do things every 10 lbs or so...bubble bath (since i rarely have time for one), do my own nails, buy a nice nail polish, things like that :) my biggest rewards will be a new tattoo and a new wardrobe!