The scale is WHACK

Options
omg - the most frustrating thing about losing weight has GOT to be the inconsistencies of the scale. and as you get older, it's so much harder!

case in point, I had a fantastic workout monday night. best run yet and I sweat SO much. next day, down 1.5lbs from the day before. now, I know it was mostly water weight, but I was psyched! didn't work out last night, sort of giving my body a rest, but ate REALLY well and drank TONS of water. this morning, that 1.5lbs is BACK. :grumble: I know everyone says not to weigh yourself every day, but it really helps me stay on track. I don't take it too seriously, but it's just so odd how inconsistent it is! I feel so much better, but it's not showing in the numbers. I'd measure myself but I can't find the darn tape measure. lol

moral of the story, the scale is WHACK!

you may now resume your regularly scheduled program. :bigsmile:

Replies

• vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    omg - the most frustrating thing about losing weight has GOT to be the inconsistencies of the scale. and as you get older, it's so much harder!

case in point, I had a fantastic workout monday night. best run yet and I sweat SO much. next day, down 1.5lbs from the day before. now, I know it was mostly water weight, but I was psyched! didn't work out last night, sort of giving my body a rest, but ate REALLY well and drank TONS of water. this morning, that 1.5lbs is BACK. :grumble: I know everyone says not to weigh yourself every day, but it really helps me stay on track. I don't take it too seriously, but it's just so odd how inconsistent it is! I feel so much better, but it's not showing in the numbers. I'd measure myself but I can't find the darn tape measure. lol

moral of the story, the scale is WHACK!

you may now resume your regularly scheduled program. :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Congrats on the fantabulous run and healthy eating!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bugs_mom
    Options
    this is why i have yet to purchase a scale. it just messes with my emotions. i've been measuring instead and so far i've lost 4.5 inches overall so i'm happy with that.
    i would really recommend that you only weigh in once a week. same day same time every week and keep track that way.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I go up and down a couple of pounds every day. That's why I do the once a week weigh in thing. It helps keep me from all those emotional ups and downs.
  • cnolovechild
    Options
    :laugh: Yeah the scale can sure be whack sometimes....You already know that weighing yourself daily isn't very good to do sooooooo.......I'd focus on "You feel great!!" :wink: