Questions about clothes sizes (for guys)

Options
I'm just starting up, and while I don't keep track of success by pants sizes I am curious about where I will end up. I am currently about 290lbs and 5'11" with a waist of about 40-42 (depending on the clothes company.) My goal is about 180-200lbs depending on how much muscle I build up. My two questions are as follows; What should I expect my pants size to be when i reach that weight area? About how long into the process does weight loss show up as smaller clothing sizes, and in what sort of increments?

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how your body loses its weight. No one can answer that question.
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    People usually say one size = 10lbs so you could go by that. Good luck :)
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I actually just went to the clothing store to buy new clothes. I am 77 days into P90X and I went from a 40" waist to a 36". I started at 250 and currently 214!

I would probably say you would be 30,32, or 34 when you get to 180-200 range.
  • ikatsume
    ikatsume Posts: 8
    Options
    How effective is P90X? I've heard a lot of good things about it. My friend uses it, but she was already skinny as should be before that.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My husband was 33-34 inch waist at 5'11" and 176 so maybe 35-36? I am totally guessing but there is a reference point.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    You will only get out of P90X what you put into it. If you commit to the workouts and nutrition, there is nothing that will keep you from getting awesome results.

Like I said, I have lost 36 pounds in 77 days using it.