Hello - this is the beginning of a Different Journey

nickihkk
nickihkk Posts: 3 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I signed up a few weeks ago but only completed my profile and started using the sites tools today.

The site was recommended by a fried when I got my first ever smart phone about 4 weeks ago and certainly seems to be working for her and other friends, so what do I have to lose?

For years I have focused on my weight but now is the time to change that focus to my health & fitness, having watched my Dad suffer a heart attack, have a triple bypass and then his recovery from that. He has doe remarkably well, changing may things about his lifestyle without complaint. the result is a slimline, fitter version of my dad who gets a little stronger every day... a real inspiration.

My Dr has also warned me that as arthritis runs in the family, and because I am a natural pear shape, I am very likely to get arthritis in my hips (it is already starting in my hands) but rather than recommend weight loss he advised me to strengthen my musculature to better support my hips.

With these things in mind I begin a different journey to the one I have started so many times before and hope that by travellig down a road less familiar I will be more motivated to see where it leads me.

Good luck on your journey too

Replies

• posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    it is a great site. glad you will be using it. It has been very effective for me. So far on the site i have lost an incredible amount of weigh -- and ditched Weight Watchers --- great online friends and support. Youwill be winning.

take care and add me if you want encouragement.

Take care,
    Pam
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    You've got exactly the right mindset. Focus on proper nutrition, healthy exercise, and the weight will follow. This is all about a lifestyle that will last a lifetime!

Best wishes!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Welcome and good luck!! Stay positive - you can succeed!!! Good luck with your journey!!
This discussion has been closed.