Anyone else feel like dieting is kinda hindering their socia

Options
2»

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    It is hard to balance, I stopped drinking during the week and only drink alcohol on weekends now (except on vacation :)) I eat really healthy during the week and try not to go out to eat at all during the week. On the weekend I am not so strict with myself, but like other's have said, I split meals with people or order off the appetizer menu. It is tough, but finding a happy medium is the goal. It took me a while to get here, and I still recall the first conversation I had with my personal trainer when we were discussing nutrition. I told him that I would not cut beer out of my diet, he was ok with it, cutting it out during the week even ended up being my own idea.
  • ikatsume
    ikatsume Posts: 8
    Options
    I cut out drinking, but the bars are the only really social places in my town (they have live music and pool), so I just get a cranberry juice or something similar and hang out. Also you can try to make your friends do healthier/active activities with you. Invite them to go hiking, or the beach. if you have a smart phone download this site's app for it. I just did, and you can search any type of food on it, just like their normal database, type in the restaurant's name if it's a major chain and it most likely will appear. If all else fails, claim to be the designated driver and see if the bars will give you a free non alcoholic drink.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yes and no. my friends and i spend a lot of time at the bar (we're 25ish) and i'm not so much a drinker anymore. i generally do one beer and a healthy main dish (beer and a salad for example). or, i will mix it up and get a diet soda, 5 wings and a side salad or something. i plan for my exercise that day and keep it in check the rest of the week :)
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel so much better! It's something I need to learn to balance and be a bit more laid back about. I'm glad others share my struggles!!!:)