A new way of thinking

Options
I've only posted here a few times (3 or 4), but I feel really encouraged after reading some of your success stories! I'm starting today with my beginning weight of 193.5 with a new way of thinking. I'm scared to join in any challenges right now, but I'm going to challenge myself to keep thinking positive which includes EXERCISE daily, EAT less (1400 cal total) and MEASURE! Don't laugh, but I have never been measured in my life and I really don't know why. After reading some of your post, I realize that it's not all about the scale! If I could see the tape measure move, that would be enough to motivate me I think! Speaking of measurements...what do most of you measure? Waist, hips and thighs? No more excuses....period. I'm at work right now and would love to run out the door and just take off running (like gump) lol. I'm also going to JOURNAL everything I eat and all the exercise! It's 7 weeks until Thanksgiving and I would love to be somewhere in the 180's by then, so I guess that's my goal for now. Thank you all for the push you didn't realize you were giving:flowerforyou:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've only posted here a few times (3 or 4), but I feel really encouraged after reading some of your success stories! I'm starting today with my beginning weight of 193.5 with a new way of thinking. I'm scared to join in any challenges right now, but I'm going to challenge myself to keep thinking positive which includes EXERCISE daily, EAT less (1400 cal total) and MEASURE! Don't laugh, but I have never been measured in my life and I really don't know why. After reading some of your post, I realize that it's not all about the scale! If I could see the tape measure move, that would be enough to motivate me I think! Speaking of measurements...what do most of you measure? Waist, hips and thighs? No more excuses....period. I'm at work right now and would love to run out the door and just take off running (like gump) lol. I'm also going to JOURNAL everything I eat and all the exercise! It's 7 weeks until Thanksgiving and I would love to be somewhere in the 180's by then, so I guess that's my goal for now. Thank you all for the push you didn't realize you were giving:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm going to challenge myself to keep thinking positive

Now THAT'S the key! Good luck on your journey and we're all here to support and cheer you on along the way! :flowerforyou: