Best reasonably priced bike shorts (and others)?

Options
h3h8m3
h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
Heya,

I want to buy some accessories... i went by the local Bike Source (chain store) and looked at the options, and things were just really expensive. I was hopeful that some folks on here could point me to good options I could find for a better price online.

#1 thing I need is bike shorts. I'd love to get that cushion so riding a long way is more comfortable. The option the guy at the store recommended was about $100.
#2 is a rack that can be mounted to the back of our minivan. We've got a 06 Toyota Sienna. No tow package, so I can't get the kind that goes into a trailer hitch. I could go for the kind that mounts on the top of the van if that's better.
#3, I've got a Bianchi KingBee. I'm a pretty tall guy so my seat is pretty high, I would like to raise the handlebars so I'm not leaning so low. If I could raise it 2-4 inches that'd be a big help. At the store the guy suggested handlebars with bend, and the yoke (?) that connects to the handlebars could have more of a tilt. The parts at the store were about $100.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    nashbar.com and performancebike.com both have great deals on all kinds of bike accessories. Sure, you can spend $100 on shorts, but you can get some for $45-$50 on those sites and unless you are doing 50+ miles, the padding should be more than enough in the cheaper shorts.

I need a rack too so I can't help you there, although I know performancebike.com sells them if you know what kind of rack you need. And I am really lacking in the mechanical knowledge so I can't help you with #3 either.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I was poking around Amazon and came across this item which I think will be a good one for me: http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Izumi-Liner-Short-Black/dp/B004ELBQUY

I also found this bike rake which i was thinking of getting. http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Deluxe-3-Bike-Trunk-Mount/dp/B000ELQNYM/

Thanks!