I'm Melting!!!

Options
I live in South Texas where the humidity is 100% everyday and heat index is about 103. I just got back from grocery shopping and I am melting!

The upshot? the heat has turned my stomach to goo, so I may only subsist on water for the rest of the day! :glasses:

D

Replies

• mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I live in South Texas where the humidity is 100% everyday and heat index is about 103. I just got back from grocery shopping and I am melting!

The upshot? the heat has turned my stomach to goo, so I may only subsist on water for the rest of the day! :glasses:

D

omg i feel you...im in south georgia... with the heat index it was 113 the other day... so hot...
  • HulaChic
    HulaChic Posts: 47
    Options
    I also live in South Texas and totally love it! For one thing, the humidity is great for our skin and also the heat helps me reach my water goals each day! YeeHaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma here...it's pretty toasty where I am and the humidity is a factor. UUGGGHHHH. It's bad when you break a sweat walking to the mailbox at the curb.
  • kristine321
    Options
    I hear ya!! Central Arkansas and we haven't seen rain in a month! Heat index over 100!!
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I feel for you! I'm in the Central Valley of California, so while it's hot, I'm fortunate enough to have very low humidity. I lived in the Midwest for a couple years and couldn't stand the humidity! My first half marathon was in high humidity/heat conditions...I trained for months but the weather got to me so much that I ended up very, very ill by the end. :/

Hope it cools down a bit for you!
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm in GA as well and from HOTLANTA. I spent a month in PA and when I got off the plane in ATL I about died from the shock of the humidity! I'm waiting until about 8 to go run, it should be like 83. I feel ya though!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I just moved from Southern GA not to long ago and the heat there is crucial. I am in NC now, it's not AS hot, but it's close!!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    From Nova Scotia:
    we are getting all your rain. we probably had maybe 10 days without rain since april and it's been cold. oh well, today was very nice, high 20s, breezy & NO RAIN !
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    I'm from South Texas!! (Victoria) I'm in Florida now, for about a year, but I know exactly what you mean. Heat like drains all my energy.

Elizabeth
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I also live in South Texas and totally love it! For one thing, the humidity is great for our skin and also the heat helps me reach my water goals each day! YeeHaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I love this attitude! :P:P
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ugh from Phoenix to Vegas area... Hotter than hell but it's a dry heat... LOL anything below 107 I can tolerate but over 117 I'm just so fried by it. Really! It's just hot...I need to be floating in a body of water and cooling off not cooking...
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I live on the Island of Saipan, near Guam and the philippines it's near the equator so it pretty humid around 87% right now. I burn if I am outside for 5 minutes even! lol but now we are in rainy season. It's been raining everyday for the last 2 weeks.
  • jbrackett0617
    Options
    It is hot hot here in El Paso , Texas. Not much humidity tho thank goodness :)
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    yeah, come to Panama city, Rep. of Panama in Central America and feel the tropical weather, humidity and heat the 365 days...
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Funny, but true story. When we first got married, my hubby & I drove cross country from Virginia to California. It was the end of June & hot when we stopped for lunch at a McD's while making our way across Texas. I chuckle when I think about it, but there it was, like 95+ degrees, and wouldn't you know that the guys had on cowboy boots. And their hats too. I don't know how they stood it!
  • errantfirefly
    Options
    Oklahoma here...it's pretty toasty where I am and the humidity is a factor. UUGGGHHHH. It's bad when you break a sweat walking to the mailbox at the curb.

HAHAHAAA! I know that... I wonder if you can log that under vigerous activity?? :happy:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    DFW area here. It nice and toasty outside from what i can remember, I been asleep for approx 4 hrs but im about to head out there. Wish my luck. I may spontaneously combust!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    lol same.. I live in south Mississippi and everyday the humidity is 100% or nearby.