Gaining muscle but not loosing the fat???

Options
Ok, so I have lost 50lbs so far and I stick to a somewhat specific regimine. I always have two days off (not in a row) and I always warm up, then I alternate days of...

(1) arms- 20 pushups, 5 arm exercises with resistance bands, 10 mins shake weight, 20 situps, 20 leg lifts (lower stomach), 20 side crunches- all done in two reps (10/2=20) Then 30-60 mins of Golds Gym Shape Boxing (wii)

(2) legs- 10 pushups, 5 leg exercises with resistance bands, 20 squats, 20 lunges, 20 situps, 20 leg lifts (lower stomach), 20 side crunches- all done in two reps (10/2=20) Then 30-60 mins of EA Sports step aerobics and exercises (wii)

Then on my one odd day I choose either arms or legs and for my 30-60 mins I try to roller skate, use the elliptical, or jog up and down four flight of stairs (10x).

I increased the amount of resistance and amount of reps when I was at 30lbs lost. So the main issue I am having is that I am noticing muscles forming on my arms and legs but I still have alot of fat (sag) on the bottom of my arms, inner thighs, and bottom of stomach. *It is not skin either because it has density to it* Am I not doing enough cardio?? I just think it looks so funny! And I want to do this right and get everything. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    If you are losing weight but gaining muscle, then you are losing fat! But of course you still have excess fat--Rome wasn't built in a day. Just keep doing your thing. You are doing a great job!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. At some point as you approach your goal weight you will probably have to up the exercise again, but most people lose fat from the outside in. Your bottom and waist and tops of arms are the last places.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I would say do more cardio. Looks to me like your only doing exercises to build muscle. I am not a professional though, this is just my opinion.

I am a HUGE fan of dance workout routines. I am almost 20 days in and ALREADY am seeing results. They are great! I am going to add some small weights to hold while I do them. They have all kinds you can find online for FREE. Right now I am going a high intensity dance routine (1hr) and by the end I am swimming in sweat!!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It's summer! Swim some laps and enjoy the warmer water and a break from the heat.