Digital scales, something wrong?

Options
Is my digital scales right? I weigh myself every morning...(when I don't, I gain.), This morning, I got on there, and it said 167.8, or whatever, and I recorded it, but for some reason,I got back on it,and it said 168, then I got back on it,and it said 167, then I got back on it...so I went with the first.

it's about a year old. Why would it jump around like that?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Because anything has an element of inaccuracy! A range of plus or minus 1 lb isnt too bad. You want to be looking at long term trends.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Does the battery need replacing? My scale sometimes does that - I jump on and off a few times and take the average, or the one I prefer :laugh:
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    They arent very accurate. I ordered a scale like the doctors have and is always acccurate.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've found that on some scales, shifting your weight can change the number. You might have shifted ever so slightly and it could cause your weight to sway a little. Just average it out. Your weight changes considerably from hour to hour, that's why it only matters what it says weekly. (I check mine daily too...bad habit lol)
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    I will only weigh myself once a week! If I do it more often I get obsessive about every little bit of weight fluctuation. My fiance reported to me that he consistently weighs more on my scale than the one his has at his apartment. Probably a change in gravity (that's the running joke). I wouldn't worry about at and I agree with melanie...as long as it's within a pound its fine.
  • Kristendcampbell
    Kristendcampbell Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I will only weigh myself once a week! If I do it more often I get obsessive about every little bit of weight fluctuation. My fiance reported to me that he consistently weighs more on my scale than the one his has at his apartment. Probably a change in gravity (that's the running joke). I wouldn't worry about at and I agree with melanie...as long as it's within a pound its fine.

Mine does that too, but it goes up and up and up and then it goes way down. It is more accurate if I do it just 1 time LOL