Glad to be a part of myfitnesspal.com

Options
My name is Monica. I am working on losing at least 30 pounds. I have a problem with binge eating. Any secrets to preventing binge eating?

Replies

• k92monica
    Options
    My name is Monica. I am working on losing at least 30 pounds. I have a problem with binge eating. Any secrets to preventing binge eating?
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Welcome.

thWelcomeColorBirds.jpg

We are happy to have you join.

Binging is really tough. I try to keep good healthy snacks around.
    Cheese, fruit, veggies, nuts and lots of water.
    I find if I want to eat something if i drink a glass of water it sometimes helps.

This is a life change. You will learn to change your self. Just make sure you log all the food you eat on your food log. It will make a big difference.

Good luck.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water to keep your body hydrated! That always helps me keep from overeating.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome. . .

and here's my favorite binge eating trick.

Buy yourself a notebook. Whenever you feel a binge coming on, sit down and write three pages in it. (whatever pops into your head. . .you don't even need to read it afterwards.)

Often, binges are brought on by an inability to express feelings. This helps you to get in touch with them.

This has been most helpful to me. I'm on my third notebook now.

:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome. . .

and here's my favorite binge eating trick.

Buy yourself a notebook. Whenever you feel a binge coming on, sit down and write three pages in it. (whatever pops into your head. . .you don't even need to read it afterwards.)

Often, binges are brought on by an inability to express feelings. This helps you to get in touch with them.

This has been most helpful to me. I'm on my third notebook now.

That's a FANTASTIC idea, Viv. Thanks so much!

Welcome, Monica!:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Wecome