Can I do it?!?!?!?!

Options
I have a question and want to get everyone's thoughts. I would like to loose 12 pounds by thanksgiving. I have a seizure disorder as some of you are aware of. So if I exercise too much I have seuzures. Some days are better than others. Some days I can exercise a lot and some days I can't at all. :grumble: Can I loose another 12 pounds by thanksgiving?? Would this be a good goal?? Thank you everyone for your help :flowerforyou:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have a question and want to get everyone's thoughts. I would like to loose 12 pounds by thanksgiving. I have a seizure disorder as some of you are aware of. So if I exercise too much I have seuzures. Some days are better than others. Some days I can exercise a lot and some days I can't at all. :grumble: Can I loose another 12 pounds by thanksgiving?? Would this be a good goal?? Thank you everyone for your help :flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think if not tweleve maybe ten do it the right way though dont starve youself and good luck,, i would like to lose about that much by then also..
  • bbright53
    Options
    If I were you I'd shoot for a pound a week. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed. If you drop more than the 6 pounds you'll be very happy and if you just make the 6 pounds you will have met your goal. It's too discouraging to set goals and then not be able to attain them.

Barb
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Why twelve pounds? How did you pull that number out? My advice is to forget about numbers and just concentrate on being healthy everyday. Eat right, exercise enough, but not too much. It makes no sense to endanger your health by exercising to the point of causing siezures.

Too often we set ourselves up to feel badly by placing some arbitrary number (weight, clothing size, whatever) and then we measure our worth against achieving that number. So, if you set the goal for 12 pounds and then only loose 8 pounds do you count yourself a failure? Or will you pat yourself on the back for being stronger and healthier than you were 8 weeks ago.

Remain steady on your course, be proud of your progress.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I think I will go for a goal of one pound a week and go from there. Thank you everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I think I will go for a goal of one pound a week and go from there. Thank you everyone. :flowerforyou:
    I just stopped in here, and yes, you are gonna do what I ws gonna say! 1 pound a week is a healthy goal, and the real goal of all of us in here to be healthy (not just lose weight). Good for you girl!