Replies

• RedL1988
    RedL1988 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    18 T. of cool whip + 1 T. made enough to frost all of the cupcakes?? That sounds SO YUMMY!!!

I only used a a (generous) tablespoon of topping per cupcake.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Ok so before I try and make these...I only replace water/oil (any liquid) with diet soda. BUT I still add the eggs??? I just want to make sure I do it right!

Nope, you leave out the eggs too. You just add the soda.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok so before I try and make these...I only replace water/oil (any liquid) with diet soda. BUT I still add the eggs??? I just want to make sure I do it right!

Nope, you leave out the eggs too. You just add the soda.

Thanks! I will be experimenting these soon!
  • Heather3186
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    OMG - I can have chocolate AND peanut butter?!?!?!?!?! For under 200 calories?!?!?!? (passes out on floor)
    I think I love you!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later :-)

I might have to go to the store and make these RIGHT NOW!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Went to the store today! So freaking excited.
  • AngelLittle
    AngelLittle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OH WOW!!! BUMP!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

NO, just the box + pop

Personally the taste and consistency is better is you use egg whites and apple sauce (rather than eggs and oil) but it's fun to try if you've never done it and boxes of cake are $1 so it would be a crumbly $1.25 flop if it doesn't work out so no worries.
  • MSNeill
    MSNeill Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to Myfitnesspal.com and saw this message......I don't see the recipe. I am guessing it is just a cake mix and 2 cans of soda? Any kind of mix or any kind of soda? What is in the whipped peanutbutter topping? Can you repost the recipe? THANKS!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Thanks! Bump
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump!! yuuuuuuuuuuuum
  • Crystal817
    Options
    I am new to Myfitnesspal.com and saw this message......I don't see the recipe. I am guessing it is just a cake mix and 2 cans of soda? Any kind of mix or any kind of soda? What is in the whipped peanutbutter topping? Can you repost the recipe? THANKS!

All of the ingredients are listed. Any cake mix + any 2 CUPS of diet soda = these cupcakes. Whipped peanut butter topping = Cool Whip (Fat Free) + peanut butter.
  • Tinasmythe
    Tinasmythe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pharah
    pharah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight and the batter was really thin. I ended up burning the edges with the centers not being cooked all the way. I think I may have used a little too much soda.

Next time, I'm going to stick with 1 cup of soda and an egg white. Oh, and I also added peanut butter chips!
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Saving these, will see if the real chef of the house wants to make them... if not, I might try it myself.
  • chandlera07
    chandlera07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This looks soooo yummy! :)
  • AJB87
    AJB87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump