How long did it take you to lose 10 pounds?

Options
Tuesday morning, it will be 3 weeks since I started dieting & exercising...I've lost 7 pounds so far......if i continue the way I'm going, can I expect to lose another 7 in 3 weeks?

Replies

• Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your weight, how many calories you take in and how many you are burning.
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I average about 10 pounds a month. I had over 100 lbs to lose, in the beginning I lost more per week. The closer you are to your goal, the slower it may go, or so I have heard. Great job on the 7 lbs!!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My 1st month, I was down about 9 lbs. Since then, I'm looking at 6 lbs. per month. Slowly, but surely!! Good luck! Your 1st 7 lbs. may have included some water retention. Mine did. Everyone is different, so you might just do it!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    from my dieting experience ( which btw I have ALOT of) the first 5-10 lbs u lose rather quickly cuz it's mostly water weight....don't expect to lose more than 2lbs a week for the rest of ur diet, cuz the weeks where u barely lose anything, u will feel like giving up. I know. It's happened to me :sad: Just work ur butt off (literally LOL) and do ur best and it will come off...I promise. Remember, u didn't put the weight on overnight, it's not going to come off overnight!!!!! Good Luck and add me if u'd like :bigsmile:
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of different factors. I lost 20 lbs in six weeks but the next 5 lbs took another three weeks. And it has been another 2-3 weeks and I haven't moved on the scale. I still am staying within my calorie goal for the most part, exercise, but no movement. Haven't quite figured it out and except that you have to find what works for you, but don't be surprised if you have to make adjustments as you progress in weight loss. Good Luck...
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    This is a great post to keep me motivated when I'm on one of those plateaus :( anyone have any suggestions on how to break through them as well?
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10lbs in a week, but I have a lot to lose and I believe most of that was water weight. It's been almost a month now and I'm down 20lbs so far. I anticipate that this will slow down drastically with the coming months as my body adjusts to my new eating habits.
  • kristinhope79
    kristinhope79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went for a whole year watching the scale - and it went up and down and up and down. I would get discouraged. I would get frustrated. I would see and feel that my clothes were fitting loser, and yet I still let the scale control me. I don't weigh myself like I used to, and I've broken the habit of needing to know my weight week after week. Thus far, in the last 2 months or so, I've lost 11 lbs. But, I've lost a total of 7.1 something inches over my whole body (when I measured at the beginning of June). Those inches are what count - for me, the scale is not the determining factor for when I'm doing well. I'm doing well day by day when I get in my exercise and I watch what I eat, and I plan and stay consistent.

I know I will eventually hit a plateau and need to shake it up a bit. But until then, I'm still learning what works for me and I know I need to weigh occasionally to update how many calories I need a day. But the scale does not define me anymore.

I hope what I've said is encouraging! :) *hugs*
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    My first 10 came off in about 10 days. From then on, it was about 2 lbs per week. I would guess that you're about to end your "fast" loss period as your body acclimates to the changes you've made in your diet and routine (plus water loss). Regardless, you're headed in the right direction!
  • chuckycheez
    Options
    I dropped 7 pounds from last Sunday to today. The week before,0 loss-0 gain. As long as I'm trending downward, I don't sweat it too much.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Totally varies. I lost 10 lbs this month. But I've had 2 weeks of NADA. So it depends. Just eat right and exercise and it will happen.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your starting weight... I lost 10 lbs in my first 2 weeks of my journey.. now I am lucky if I lose that in 2 months lol.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 41 days and lost 14 lbs so far.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds I've lost have taken me 9 weeks and I'm happy with that pace, but I'm getting close to goal now. The first 10 came off much quicker, like in 5 weeks! Whatever, I'm just glad it's still working!!!!