How do you log a horse show??

OneTonPony
OneTonPony Posts: 60
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
So, today i spent 9 hours as a groom at a horse show...i didn't ride, but i did all the leg work of prepping and handling walking, walking and walking and running and hooking up horses....how do i log that for my exercise?? anyone have any ideas??

Replies

• NicholeTrussell
    NicholeTrussell Posts: 22 Member
    sounds like you would log the majority of it as walking. Any lifting or such you can add as strength training avg the weight you were lifting and get a rough estimate of how many reps you would have done...That is how I would handle that...sounds like you were a busy gal!
  • OneTonPony
    OneTonPony Posts: 60
    oiy...hard to judge but i'll see what i can do...horse shows are really my favourite thing ever....and they're EXHAUSTING...
  • etaven
    etaven Posts: 25
    They do have an option for "Horse Grooming" in here. I usually just use that for any grooming and groundwork I do with my horses :)
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    I actually wore my HRM for grooming and it comes to about 130-150 per half hour. This didn't include standing for braiding or clipping, just the basic brushing, mane and tail clean up and feet. My mare is 16.2 and a big warm blood so there is alot of horse to cover.
    By the way--lunging and walking burns even less---but forward trot work burns a TON!!!
This discussion has been closed.