psyllium fibre

sheils8
sheils8 Posts: 57
edited 1:59AM in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone tried this?
I tried it for three days in a row, and by the second day I noticed a strange sensation of being really full (like stuffed) even though I hadn't eaten much.
By the third day my stomach was hugely bloated, my weight went up by 2 pounds and I can NOT go to the bathroom. I took it in hopes of it helping me go to the bathroom, so I am very disappointed (and feeling huge, have stomach cramps and am uncomfortable).

Replies

• Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    I use fiber daily per my doctor, but you HAVE to take it with enough water to flush it, and you should not have more than 2 servings a day. You may need to try a stool softener and relaxer -correctol for women or ducolox. Good Luck
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    I have this when I'm feeling rather bloated. I take 1 teaspoon with a glass of water, followed by another glass and a half...Its not the greatest of textures to swallow...but it helps 'clean me out' by the next day.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    yep.
    a lot of people don't drink more/extra water :)

i know a bunch of people start with a smaller amount to let their body get adjusted to the extra fibre.
  • tapp52000
    tapp52000 Posts: 52 Member
    also if your using psyllium seeds it is better to "bloom" them in water before ingesting...this way you know exactly whats going in whereas if you just take them then they bloom in your belly...hence the bloated feeling.
This discussion has been closed.