afraid i splurged too much

Options
the past few days i've been away from home and have found it VERY difficult to stay on track having to eat out non-stop. today i feel REALLY terrible.. for my afternoon snack I had 2 pretzel rods (80 cals) and about 3 tbsp of peanut butter (270 cals) and feel pretty guilty. I know i'm at maintenance and really below my goal and still have dinner left, but i can barely bring myself to eat anything.
has this ever happened to you that you KNOW you should eat, but you feel too guilty from enjoying an unhealthy food to do it?

Replies

• shurekkiah90
    Options
    I can totally sympathize with you!! I feel like this ALL the time. If you're hungry, eat, and take start fresh tmrw!! If you happen to eat, use a smaller plate and control your portions. But definitely, do not feel bad, that's what we're here for. I had a pretty off week last week, I just try not to continue them. With that being said, tmrw is Monday, start fresh!! =)

Shurekkia
  • Chinook71
    Chinook71 Posts: 19
    Options
    Don't sweat it!! It happens, and yes you should still eat something for dinner (maybe a salad). I always tell myself that splurging and eating bad foods for a day is WAY better than the way that I used to eat. Drink lots of water!!! I find that when I splurge that drinking lots of water helps flush me out and get back on track. :smile:
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That has never happened to me, but I understand where you are coming from. Just eat a nice, healthy dinner and start over in the morning. No need to deprive your body of a good dinner out of guilt. Just try to stay on track tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from, and peanut butter does pack a calorie punch. That being said, though, it's really not the worst thing you could have splurged on. Two pretzel rods and a little peanut butter? Doesn't sound like a terrible choice to me. In my opinion, you're being way too hard on yourself. It's not like you wolfed down a gallon of ice cream. And even if you had, it's like the others said -- all you can do is move on. Try to enjoy your dinner without the guilt.